ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & maternaty Leave

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrs Khan

ILR & maternaty Leave

Post by Mrs Khan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi
I need some advice I will be eligible to apply for ILR next summer i am currently on maternity leave & at the time of application for ILR, i would have been finished my maternity leave.
my question is I am getting Stat Maternity pay & there wont be much economic activity as i have taken three moths leave without pay coz i dont want my kid on mercy of day care nurseries
I need comments whether this will create any probs, i think i am covered under judicial review as my intitial hsmp was approved in Jan 2006 & i came to uk in April 2006 but i extended my visa under PBS

mah

Re: ILR & maternaty Leave

Post by mah » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Mrs Khan wrote:Hi
I need some advice I will be eligible to apply for ILR next summer i am currently on maternity leave & at the time of application for ILR, i would have been finished my maternity leave.
my question is I am getting Stat Maternity pay & there wont be much economic activity as i have taken three moths leave without pay coz i dont want my kid on mercy of day care nurseries
I need comments whether this will create any probs, i think i am covered under judicial review as my intitial hsmp was approved in Jan 2006 & i came to uk in April 2006 but i extended my visa under PBS
Dear Mrs Khan,

Why don't you apply earlier? your 4 years are covered in Jan 2006, isn't it?
Mah

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Though i got HSMP approval in Jan 06 but i came to UK in April 06 plus i spend one month abroad, so the actual number of days accumulating to four years will be in summer 2010.

mah

Post by mah » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Mrs Khan wrote:Though i got HSMP approval in Jan 06 but i came to UK in April 06 plus i spend one month abroad, so the actual number of days accumulating to four years will be in summer 2010.
have you seen anywhere in the UKBA regarding the actual number of days you should be in the UK!!?

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:51 pm

well its very clear i will be eligible to apply for ILR one i complete four years which is 365X4
My question is still intact whether with maternity pay alone do i stand any chance of getting ILR.

mah

Post by mah » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Mrs Khan wrote:well its very clear i will be eligible to apply for ILR one i complete four years which is 365X4
My question is still intact whether with maternity pay alone do i stand any chance of getting ILR.
I think you are eligible to apply for ILR in Jan 2010 (If you have not been away from the country more than 6 months in total and each time less than 3 months since Jan 2006 when your visa granted.

Maternity leave when paid is one part of your job so it shows you have been economically active in the UK.

(I mean you can accumulate 4 years starting the tie of your visa and you can be away 6 months in these 4 years)

Though the senior members can help more.

vvippala
Newly Registered

@Mah

Post by vvippala » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Mah

I am a bit confused that you say we should not stay out oif this country for more than 6months to be eligible for ILR..where is this rule referenced, can you please help

Thanks

vjm
Newly Registered

ILR and maternity leave

Post by vjm » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi there
I am on a work permit and complete my 5 years shortly. I have been outside UK when I was pregnant (for 11 months) - during this period I continued to work for my current employer for 5 months from abroad and for 6 months I was on stat maternity leave receiving SMP
Is there any chance of my ILR application being successful? Would it help if I go via a solicitor to present my application
I have all the docs for the last 5 years
Pls advise urgently
Thanks

mah

Re: @Mah

Post by mah » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:26 pm

vvippala wrote:Hi Mah

I am a bit confused that you say we should not stay out oif this country for more than 6months to be eligible for ILR..where is this rule referenced, can you please help

Thanks
This was one of the conditions for ILR for those applied under HSMP before April 2006. I can not find the related webpage.

Is there anyone who can confirm?
By the wat is there any maximum of absence for ILR during 5 years for those applied after 2006?