ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is using solicitor a good idea for Tier1 General(HSW)?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

is using solicitor a good idea for Tier1 General(HSW)?

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi,

i will be applying for tier 1 general HSW soon, please tell me if there is any benefit to apply through a solicitor.

i think i have a simple case for myself but in form there is a section Z for your representative, does home office/case worker pay more attention to those cases which has a solicitor support?

solicitors normally charges around 750+vat and a good solicitors charges around 1000+vat, is it worth to pay that kind of money?

what is your experience of applying through a solicitor?

thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:22 pm

depends, if you have all the docs then why pay them just to arrange the docs

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: is using solicitor a good idea for Tier1 General(HSW)?

Post by mvent00 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:00 am

If you have any queries to prepare your application, you can consult this forum.
nabeel_sheraz wrote:Hi,

i will be applying for tier 1 general HSW soon, please tell me if there is any benefit to apply through a solicitor.

i think i have a simple case for myself but in form there is a section Z for your representative, does home office/case worker pay more attention to those cases which has a solicitor support?

solicitors normally charges around 750+vat and a good solicitors charges around 1000+vat, is it worth to pay that kind of money?

what is your experience of applying through a solicitor?

thanks

paperwork

Solicitor they are important but not essential.

Post by paperwork » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Mate, you should be able to get your papers in order yourself. The solicitor will also ask you to arrange these papers. Basically, solicitor will arrange and present the papers in a nice manner.

Take the benefit of the forum, there are hundreds who have applied by reading and getting opinion from here. Home office wouldn't care whether its applied by solicitor or not.

Ask out the points where you think you have problems in your case.
good luck,
Cheers!