ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply for a citizenship?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klimov
Newly Registered

When can I apply for a citizenship?

Post by klimov » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:48 am

Dear all,
I have a question regarding how soon can I apply for a British citizenship.
Information I got is so confusing, so some clarification would be much appreciated.
My immigration history:
Arrived in the UK aged 17 in 1995, claimed asylum 1996,many refusals.
June 2009- granted ILR under legacy.
Getting married to British national next month.
Never in any trouble with the police.
I was told that I can apply for a citizenship after one year by somebody who used to work for a HO, and yesterday I was told that I could apply for a citizenship as soon as I got married.
Who should I listen to?
Another question I have: I messed up my credit history because of failed business, I my concern that if I declare myself bankrupt it will affect my application, but on the other hand- it is not as if i spent money on drugs and gambling.
What is your opinion?
Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:31 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Banckruptcy Section 7
Have a read of that section and it will should give you a better indication of how your case may go if you do declare yourself bankrupt. i think it would be wrong to give an opinion without know the full facts

malli

Post by malli » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:33 pm

bankruptcy will mess up your application. maybe you have to post ur question again about how quick you could apply for your citizenship. keep me posted if you get answer. Good luck

e_menzies
Newly Registered

Post by e_menzies » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:14 pm

bad credit history wont effect your application but bankurpcy will. but how do you know about that did u declared by the court or do u now about anything like that.

i have one question for you for you clearfication. wht type of messed up you made with banks.

malli

Post by malli » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

when some one ask for help try to give them answer instead of meddling in their business. alot of time people on here never gets any reply on there question but instead are ask why this happen and so on.

taliska

Post by taliska » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 pm

you shouldn't declare bankruptcy as this will be a process which will be declared to the HO. Also hope your tax payments etc... were all up to date as this may also affect the decision.