ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What date to put on Citizenship application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taliska

What date to put on Citizenship application

Post by taliska » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi I would like to ask when I should put as the date of first entry to Uk on Naturalisation form AN. Here's the background. Came to uk in 2000 to study and obtained 5 year work permit in april 2003 (this was an in-country decision), got ILR Apr 2008 so have been eligible to apply for British Citizenship.
My question is should I use the date i first arrived in the uk in 2000 or should i use the 2003 date.
I ask as on the form asks for date of first entry in UK and also asks PLACE.
Or should i put the date of my work permit and place as London as it was an in country decision. Or does it not matter

sani2009
Newly Registered

Re: What date to put on Citizenship application

Post by sani2009 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Have you submitted your application for naturalisation? if not, please change date to 2000 and first port entry when u first enter UK as they are looking for first entry date. I submitted my naturalisation application and NCS lady advised me to write first entry date regardless of visa you had.

I hope it is clear to you now.
taliska wrote:Hi I would like to ask when I should put as the date of first entry to Uk on Naturalisation form AN. Here's the background. Came to uk in 2000 to study and obtained 5 year work permit in april 2003 (this was an in-country decision), got ILR Apr 2008 so have been eligible to apply for British Citizenship.
My question is should I use the date i first arrived in the uk in 2000 or should i use the 2003 date.
I ask as on the form asks for date of first entry in UK and also asks PLACE.
Or should i put the date of my work permit and place as London as it was an in country decision. Or does it not matter