ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant form queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmpIndia
Newly Registered

PBS dependant form queries

Post by hsmphsmpIndia » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi Folks,

I am an HSMP holder and will be applying for extension and have the following queries on the PBS dependant form:

* B5. If the dependant has even been by known by any other name.

Now my wife was known by her married name (last name changed) in her organization in India and her bank as well. However her passport is in her maiden name, so all her documents here in the UK are in her maiden name. I am not sure if I can write that she WAS known by her married name, as she still IS. Also even if I do, what evidence can I send "showing the name change"?

* D9. For what purpose did the dependant enter the UK?

She entered for work, with me. However, it is a little weird to call her a dependant if she entered for work, so I am a little unsure what people should be writing here. Any pointers?

* H4. Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

I am assuming this is a NO. Right?

Thanks for your help.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 am

I have the same issues with my wifes passport. Senior members please comment.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: PBS dependant form queries

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:07 pm

hsmphsmpIndia wrote:* B5. If the dependant has even been by known by any other name.

Now my wife was known by her married name (last name changed) in her organization in India and her bank as well. However her passport is in her maiden name, so all her documents here in the UK are in her maiden name. I am not sure if I can write that she WAS known by her married name, as she still IS. Also even if I do, what evidence can I send "showing the name change"?
Since her passport is still in her maiden name, it is best that you apply for the Tier 1 extension under her maiden name as well. Alternatively, if you have time, then get the name on her passport changed by the High Commission in London.
hsmphsmpIndia wrote:* D9. For what purpose did the dependant enter the UK?

She entered for work, with me. However, it is a little weird to call her a dependant if she entered for work, so I am a little unsure what people should be writing here. Any pointers?

Since you will send her passport along with the application, you will answer No for question D5. So you don't need to answer D9.
hsmphsmpIndia wrote:* H4. Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

I am assuming this is a NO. Right?
When did you apply for your initial HSMP? Unless this was in 2006, the answer to H4 is NO.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi Cheshiregoan,

Thanks for your valuable input. Keep up the good work.

hsmphsmpIndia, I think that answers your queries very well, and mine about my wife's name as well.

Cheers