ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for British Citizenship...currently on EEA Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kavanspace

Apply for British Citizenship...currently on EEA Visa

Post by kavanspace » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:15 am

Hi all,

Back again...since the start before 5 years the forum has been helpful to me. Once again I need help...

I have EEA Family permit and my wife is polish.

Quick Rewind...

1. I arrived in UK on 24Sep2003 on Student Visa.
2. My Wife polish national came in Uk on 1stMay2004. Started work couple of monts later.
3. Got married on 7Jan05.
4. I got EEA Residence Stamp on my passport for 5 years with date shown as From Nov2005 to 20/11/2010.

Question:-

1. When can my wife, Polish Citizen apply for Naturalisation. She came in UK on 1stMay2004 and started work 2 months later. For her 5 years period is over. Can she apply now?

2. Here come the tricky bit, Can I apply for Naturalisatoin as well along with her or do I have to wait till 20/11/2010 as per my RC.
She has completed 5 years and I have completed 6 years in UK but my first 2 years was on student visa. Does it matter ???
I would prefer to apply along with her and get it all sorted together.

This time calculation is difficult bit and as usual its a bit unclear on the PDF on UKBO website.

Please help.

Kind Regards,