ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel to EU country with Irish spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Darkhorse

travel to EU country with Irish spouse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:24 am

Hi My freind is irish and the spouse is Non EEA citizen with visa required to visit ireland and other EU contries.
They married and live in here for 3.5 year up to now. how can they travel to other EU contiies without having to apply visa for the spouse?
What is 4EUFamily stamp? and how to apply?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:08 pm

she is not entitled to EU4family stamp. she can only get it if she were married to EU national OTHER THAN IRISH if they are living in ireland. she will need shengen visa but that may be issued free of charge.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 pm

EU4FAM should be possible if the Irish national had exercised his/her treaty rights as a worker or self-employed person in another member state and then returned to Ireland (Singh case) with the spouse. It may also be possible if the Irish national provided cross-border services to other member states (Carpenter case) but the question is how Irish authorities would handle such cases.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 pm

And it is also a treaty right to just work in another country without living there, i.e. cross-border workers. I wonder if and how that would be understood by the authorities.