ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shd. i wait for ILR/Temp BC?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Shd. i wait for ILR/Temp BC?

Post by ashishashah » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am

Hello All,

I am aware that new citizen bill hasnt become a rule as yet ,so i wont get any concrete answers,but i am at a cross roads..I am planning to return to my home country for personal reasons .but would like to know if i stand a "good " chance for ILR(or Temp BC ) in 2012 .
Here are my timelines
---------------
HSMP approved(India) :May 06
HSMP stamping :Nov 06
Came to UK :Jan 07
1st Ext (Under HSMP JR):Nov08
1st Ext valid till :Nov 11
2nd Ext due:Nov11
ILR/Temp BC/? :Jan 12
--------------------

I am confident that i will get my 2nd ext in Nov 11.However with new citizen bill etc,not sure if i can get ILR (whatever it will be called)in Jan 2012..
What do you think?
1)Will i be able eligible to apply for ILR/Temp BC in Jan 2012?
2)Will having Temp BC carry same adv of having ILR (no visa/immigration control)?I mean if getting a temp BC would be really "good"?
3)What will be the benefits of having a temp BC which i might get in Jan 12?
4)After getting ILR/Temp BC can i leave UK immediately?

I am asking this because i am planning to leave UK soon.But if i can get ILR in Jan 2012 then i will wait till then.I just feel that if i get ILR i will be able to come to UK in future without immigration control etc and since i have spent close to 3 years,i might just drag on for another 2 years,but not sure if temp BC would be same as ILR?
Please let me know what you people think?Worth to stay back for another 2 years?What if HO changes the rules for ILR again?

Thanks
Ashish

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Not sure about any of the technicalities, but even under current rules if you spend more than two years away from the UK or if the UK is not your main home, the ILR can be revoked.

So unless you are willing to spend another year or two in the UK after getting the ILR to obtain the passport, it is not very appropriate in your case.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.