ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 maintenance funds - can 20 hours work contract count?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andie
Newly Registered

Tier 4 maintenance funds - can 20 hours work contract count?

Post by andie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi,

Here is my situation.
I have been in this country for 7 years and always renewed my visas and all in time. I have been under IGS for 1 year and now under Tier 1 for another year. As the rules changed I will be doing a masters. I have paid part of it and I owe them £8320 plus I need to show £5400 for maintenance as my uni is out of London.

Well I have a statement saying I have £12 232 and I would need £13 720.
So, I am short for £1488. I need to apply before the 1st of October otherwise I will have to show the balance in my account for 28 days.

So, as I have been in here for long and I have been working for the last 2 years in a company, where I will remain for 20 hours. Can I supply a letter from my employer estating I will receive £800 per month - taxes = around £650? I certainly have enough money to cover the rest of the fees and my part -time job is enough even for my living expenses, my common sense say there should be no problem, but as HO are being so picky, do you think this would be a problem?

I am sending the papers tomorrow so any advise ASAP is much appreciated.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Tier 4 maintenance funds - can 20 hours work contract co

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi
andie wrote:Hi,

Here is my situation.
I have been in this country for 7 years and always renewed my visas and all in time. I have been under IGS for 1 year and now under Tier 1 for another year. As the rules changed I will be doing a masters. I have paid part of it and I owe them £8320 plus I need to show £5400 for maintenance as my uni is out of London.

So, I am short for £1488. I need to apply before the 1st of October otherwise I will have to show the balance in my account for 28 days.

So, as I have been in here for long and I have been working for the last 2 years in a company, where I will remain for 20 hours. Can I supply a letter from my employer estating I will receive £800 per month - taxes = around £650? I certainly have enough money to cover the rest of the fees and my part -time job is enough even for my living expenses, my common sense say there should be no problem, but as HO are being so picky, do you think this would be a problem?

Well if you are on student visa then funds from 20 weeks hour job is not considered.

Student job in Uk is not considered for maintenance.Confirmed thing

But if you are on Tier1 Visa which allow work then maintenance from this job can be considered.

Important thing home office would only consider funds in bank statement at time of application,Not in future.

UK_Banned_Member

andie
Newly Registered

Post by andie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:45 pm

immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi

Here is my situation.

Well if you are on student visa then funds from 20 weeks hour job is not considered.

But if you are on Tier1 Visa which allow work then maintenance from this job can be considered.

Important thing home office would only consider funds in bank statement at time of application,Not in future.

UK_Banned_Member
Hi, Thanks - so please to clarify, I am under Tier 1 PSW right now and changing to Tier 4 - showing 20 hours contract won't count to make them see that I can certainly make the £1600 I am short of.

Many Thanks

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:50 pm

andie wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi

Here is my situation.

UK_Banned_Member
Hi, Thanks - so please to clarify, I am under Tier 1 PSW right now and changing to Tier 4 - showing 20 hours contract won't count to make them see that I can certainly make the £1600 I am short of.

Many Thanks
Hi

No they would not count.You need to fill this maintenance gap otherwise home office simply refuse you.

As I clearly said student work is not considered for maintenance.

UK_Banned_Member