ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limit of the 28 days !

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paradox77
Newly Registered

Limit of the 28 days !

Post by paradox77 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:26 am

Hi,

my visa expires on the 30th of Oct, i wasnt aware of the 28 days limit on the bank statements, as i'm applying for my student extension (re-doing final year), if i put the sufficient amount of money in my account now and apply 2-3 days beore my visa expires would that be okay?

i have paid 50% of the fee's to the uni already, and i'll be attaching my parents bank statements as well. as i'm there dependent.

waiting for replies.....
thanks!

andie
Newly Registered

Re: Limit of the 28 days !

Post by andie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:53 pm

paradox77 wrote:Hi,

my visa expires on the 30th of Oct, i wasnt aware of the 28 days limit on the bank statements, as i'm applying for my student extension (re-doing final year), if i put the sufficient amount of money in my account now and apply 2-3 days beore my visa expires would that be okay?

i have paid 50% of the fee's to the uni already, and i'll be attaching my parents bank statements as well. as i'm there dependent.

waiting for replies.....
thanks!
Hi,

Look at my latest post - I had a similar problem - apparently this rule is temporarily out.

Bests

paradox77
Newly Registered

Post by paradox77 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi thanks for your reply
if the rule is out it sholdve been on some websites, my uni dosent even know about this rule :S! so i guess sometimes uni's are not well informed,

but if we are in such sitution, and if i pay all of my fee's now like in advance, and then keep around £4000 in my accuont to be on a safer side and to meet the 28 days requriement i apply like 4 days before the exp date would that be okay?

also regarding the bank statements, can i print them off the internet or it has to be a proper genuine statement we receive in the post?

thanks

andie
Newly Registered

Post by andie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:31 pm

paradox77 wrote:Hi thanks for your reply
if the rule is out it sholdve been on some websites, my uni dosent even know about this rule :S! so i guess sometimes uni's are not well informed,

but if we are in such sitution, and if i pay all of my fee's now like in advance, and then keep around £4000 in my accuont to be on a safer side and to meet the 28 days requriement i apply like 4 days before the exp date would that be okay?

also regarding the bank statements, can i print them off the internet or it has to be a proper genuine statement we receive in the post?

thanks
Hi,

As I said, this is really for you to judge as I cannot find anything in the internet about it. I did my undergraduate in that university and they always sent my papers and for my undergradaute I got my passport back in 20 days or so, now I am doing my masters, so I trust them - it really depends. As you said your uni has not even a clue of what a 28 day rule is, therefore, I wouldn't trust anything "they" say and you are better off making your own judgements.

I think if you renew your visa before it expires is fine, whether this is 1 day before or 4 weeks earlier - as long as you don't send the documents after your visa expires.

Do not send anything you print off the internet or any small statement from the cash point - they won't accept this. a) wait for your monthly bank statement or b) go in branch and ask for a quick statement which they will print, ask them to stamp it and ask them to write a cover letter saying your name and account and that the print off belongs to you. As well I would attach any monthy bank stement you have in order to give extra proof that indeed the bank account is yours (this is because the quick stament they print doesn't have your name-only account number).

Good Luck!

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Limit of the 28 days !

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi
paradox77 wrote:Hi,

waiting for replies.....
thanks!
I heard that 28 days limit will not apply for student visa inside UK for couple of months but for outside Yes this would apply.

We should expect home office statement in few days.

UK_Banned_Member

paradox77
Newly Registered

Post by paradox77 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 pm

so should i just go ahead with the extension, i will be applying through my uni in about 2 weeks now with their batch scheme.

in terms of attendence do they really check if i was there in all lectures, as we were told by uni in final year they dont keep a check on it and it depends on students if they would like to attend and if they woud like to do home study (i'm in LLB (hons))

andie
Newly Registered

Post by andie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:20 pm

paradox77 wrote:so should i just go ahead with the extension, i will be applying through my uni in about 2 weeks now with their batch scheme.

in terms of attendence do they really check if i was there in all lectures, as we were told by uni in final year they dont keep a check on it and it depends on students if they would like to attend and if they woud like to do home study (i'm in LLB (hons))
I don't know about this but I would say if you are in a course you should attend your lectures. I think this is exactly was HO wants to avoid, people enroling in courses and then going off to work most of the time.

I am not saying you do it, but just making a point of why I think you are better off attending your lectures before, while and after you renew your visa.

Bests,