ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA straight after EEA divorce..Is it worth applying at all?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TM_0108
Newly Registered

Post by TM_0108 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:01 am

Hi everyone

Finally after 3 months and 2 weeks I have received the CoA and now I'm planning for the wedding. It was such a relief and now I have more positive things to look forward to. After we get married I'll apply for a residency card.

All the best to those who are applying or about to apply for CoA, Residency card/stamp. Living in this country needs a lot of understanding and patience for an immigrant, doesn't matter if you are here legally, honest and pay tax or contribute to the society it's always a pain when it comes to immigration rules.

My next topic will probably be about applying for a residency card thingy!
I'll keep posted about my experience.

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Hello again, everybody. Just an update and more confusion on my case.
Just spoken to my solicitor about if I should apply for COA (and possibly similar to Swan and TM_0108 cases get a letter revoking my current visa) or fiance visa from home. He said (and it's very confusing) that COA would be a bigger risk because "if they ask you to leave the country, you will not be able to apply for another visa for 12 month."
He said it's a "newish law" and if one is asked to leave a country, then 12 month ban applies and if removed-5 years.
Now... Is it true and can be the case for me?
Your thoughts are welcome.

jude

Post by jude » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 pm

That's really not ture at all . I apply for retation after my divorce and apply for COA for marraige after 2 months I got but u have to inform the HO that u have divorce from ur privious partner and it take about 3-4month for them to ask you proof of document by then you ahould be able to get the marraige certificate and get marraige NB: you have to apply for COA of marraige thesame time u sent ur letter to HO about ur divorce.
hallo

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Thank you for info, it really helps. I'm gonna do exactly that.
Do you think a copy of decree absolute will be ok for that as the original will be with COA application? Also, do you know the address I should send my divorce notification to by chance? Thank you again!

irakra

Post by irakra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Jude,

Could you tell us more about your situation? Gid you get certificate of aproval yet? Are you getting married in the UK? Did they ask you to prove that you ex was in the uk excerising treaty rights?

jude

Post by jude » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm

yeap , I am still waiting for the HO to write me about my retation of right.

Could you tell us more about your situation? Gid you get certificate of aproval yet? Are you getting married in the UK? Did they ask you to prove that you ex was in the uk excerising treaty rights?[/quote]
hallo

irakra

Post by irakra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Did they ask you to provide documents of your ex excercising treaty rights?

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:29 am

Jude, have you got your COA yet?

jude

Post by jude » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Yeap , last months .
hallo

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 pm

congrats!! How long did it take? thank you.