ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anjali_devi

Entry clearance status

Post by anjali_devi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi,

My friend has applied for entry clearance for her tier 2 visa (employer sponsored ) from Bangalore, India. It has been more then 6 weeks now.

NHS, Her employer in UK, wants to know the status.

Can you please advise how should her employer go about checking her entry clearance status.

Thanks

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:03 pm

According to the Official Home Office figures on http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes , 100% of applications are resolved within 60 days, 99% within 30 days and 97% within 15 days. I can't imagine that you will have to wait much longer to find the outcome.

Did she receive a letter or receipt confirming that the application was being processed?

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks for your reply.

She got an SMS confirmation.

Also her employer checked the COS home office system and the certificate has been used.

Calling VFS is not of much help since they do not tell anything more then 'your application is being processed'.

Hence her employer is very curious to know the status.

Can her employer check with the HO in UK about the status? Will they be able to do that with the embassy in India? any advise?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:27 am

Unfortunately Checking with the Home Office is Useless in any method that you wish to use, plus the fact it changes nothing. There is no real way of checking the processing time; it's really just a case of waiting and seeing.

No applications in the last month went beyond 60 days and given that hers is now in the 30 - 60 day period (Working on the basis of 6 weeks * 5 working days in each = 30 Days) so I cannot imagine hers will take much longer at all.

I wish he the best of luck and hope that the High Commission get their asses in gear soon! :D

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 pm

I would advise that the NHS complain to UK Visas as that is a disgracefully long time to wait. When the PBS was introduced we were all told that entry clearance would be a "24 hour" process.