ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to answer section 6 of form VAF4A

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

junai

How to answer section 6 of form VAF4A

Post by junai » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi my South African wife to be was refused a WHM visa in 2007. We were going to appeal but a couple of months before the court date the High Commission in Pretoria overturned their decision and issued the visa.

So my question is what should we put in section 6 of form VAF4A where it asks whether the applicant has ever been refused a visa? Should we just say 'no' (as the visa was eventually issued and therefore technically not a refusal) or should we answer 'yes' and then explain further in the additional info section?

Thanks in advance for any help.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:04 pm

If she was "refused" then she should declare it even though it may have been issued it later on.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:26 pm

I agree with Batleykhan...and then explain under further info.

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:16 pm

I've got similar situation. When i applied for my very first student visa, they said there were no enough evidence of my financial situation, and then issued me one in 2 or 3 weeks when i had more docs.
Now.... It was nearly 7 years ago and i dont remember if it was REFUSAL or they asked for more docs... all i remember is the agency i applied through made an appointment in 2-3 weeks and i got my visa after 2nd interview....
What do i write in a section : have you been ever refused visa??? I surely cant write that i dont remember...

My thinking is it couldn't be an appeal, cos it would take longer...
Your thoughts are welcome

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:04 pm

You are deemed to be officially " refused" if you were served with a "refusal notice"by the BHC where you applied

If you were not isued with it, then you were not refused,therefore you do not need to declare it.

Sometimes during an application the ECO or BHC might say you dont have sufficient docs or evidence to be granted a visa, but stop short of refusing you, but if you get the neccesary docs in time, they will grant you. You get the docs required and visa is granted......... if this happens then you have not been refused, therefore you dont need to declare it.

If on the other hand you were served with a refusal notice, but the decison was overtuned by teh ECO or during an appeal, you were officially refused even though it was overturned. You have to declare this

If in doubt its best to be honest declare it .write a short explanation with it as to what happened. Better to be safe than sorry

Hope this helps and gives you an idea.

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Thank you very much for your help.
Regards, Juve.

junai

Post by junai » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks BatelyKhan - that makes sense. We'll put 'yes' and then explain. I guess they can see exactly what happened from their computer records anyway.