ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension - Corroborating Salary & Maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPQueries

Extension - Corroborating Salary & Maintenance

Post by HSMPQueries » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi,

I am going in for my in-person application for my Tier 1 (HSMP) extension on 1st December at Croydon.

Just wanted to clarify some points regarding my salary and maintenance:
1. My salary is credited on the last working day of the month, and in this case it would be on 30th November, therefore, leaving me virtually with no time to get an updated bank statement. I understand that the way around this is the provision of showing any 12 consecutive months within the last 15 months, so will show salary from 1st November 2008 to 31st October 2009. Is this fine?
2. With respect to the maintenance of funds, my wife and I have individual saver accounts with Barclays, which is a higher interest bearing account with the flexibility of easy liquidation. Is the account fine to show for maintenance? The account balances have not dropped below the required GBP 800+533 on any given day for the last few months and am sure will maintain the status till the application submission.

Incidentally applying on-line was not as simple as it was made out to be, eventually I had to ring up UKBA as 8:59 (as recommended) to get the appointment.

Cheers

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 pm

you can show any consecutive 12 months out of 15 months as your earning evidence. I have got the same case so you should be fine.

as long as you maintain the account to the minimum required by HO you should be fine.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Extension - Corroborating Salary & Maintenance

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 pm

HSMPQueries wrote:1. My salary is credited on the last working day of the month, and in this case it would be on 30th November, therefore, leaving me virtually with no time to get an updated bank statement. I understand that the way around this is the provision of showing any 12 consecutive months within the last 15 months, so will show salary from 1st November 2008 to 31st October 2009. Is this fine?
Yes this is acceptable. Since 01/11/2008 is less than 15 months before your application date there is no problem here.
HSMPQueries wrote:2. With respect to the maintenance of funds, my wife and I have individual saver accounts with Barclays, which is a higher interest bearing account with the flexibility of easy liquidation. Is the account fine to show for maintenance? The account balances have not dropped below the required GBP 800+533 on any given day for the last few months and am sure will maintain the status till the application submission.
It is acceptable to show different bank statements for earnings and maintenance. So as long as you meet the minimum funds requirement and this statement is less than a month before your application, it is acceptable.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Just another clarification, is the Saver account considered for maintenance of funds or does it have to be in a current account. Please note, the saver account is a super saver account and not a term / fixed deposit.

Thanks again.

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Per what I have read on the guidelines, it must be a easily accessible account, but just wanted to be sure.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:06 pm

HSMPQueries wrote:Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Just another clarification, is the Saver account considered for maintenance of funds or does it have to be in a current account. Please note, the saver account is a super saver account and not a term / fixed deposit.

Thanks again.
It needs to be a "cash account", so this would disqualify stuff like bonds but a savings account should be no problem.

I showed an account called e-Saver account with Natwest Bank and this was accepted, so there shouldn't be a problem with yours.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.