ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1 APPROVED

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mirzhar

EU 1 APPROVED

Post by mirzhar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:40 pm

DEAR ROOM

THX EVERY ONE FoR sharing your views, i just received a letter from INIS that my application for EU 1 has been approved , so i take that letter to my nearest Immigration office then he will stamp my passport with EU FAM card issued to me

I DONT need re entry visa ? surprised if you board for any flight from any where they check visa , What if some one refuesd boarding you from any flight from anywhere to ireland , it's okz in ireland as they know i don't need re entry visa....

Anyway thx every one

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Mirzhar congratulations, i am pleased for you.

Now you can get on with your life. I knew the arrest will not have an effect on your application.

It is good they kept to their 6 months deadline.

I thought your 6 months is not due till next month.

They are correct, you don't need a re-entry visa any longer.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Congratulation Mirzhar!!! Go get urself a bottle of champange and celebrate wit ur wife..this is a great newz...i can only wish and imagine...Well done mate...

dublin3
- thin ice -

Congratulation

Post by dublin3 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Congratulation man..lucky you.well I still have to wait for next 6 months :(

mirzhar

thx

Post by mirzhar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:34 am

thx every 1 , good luck

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Hurray!!! My EU1 application has been approved too. Exactly six months after application. We wrote them several letters, before the decision, and informed them we will proceed with further Civil Law suit beyond the ongoing one, if the 6 months deadline elapse.

I went to GNIB yesterday to get the card, and one of the staff requested my finger print, which i refused, this resulted in some delays, before a supervisor came out and agree with me it is unlawful to have my finger print taken, so i was exempted. I thought they had stopped it for EU family member.

The only thing i did not win on, is the insistance they have to put the correct validity date of my Resident Card on my passport, as opposed to the validity of my Passport. They refused to do that, and the nice lady supervisor i met convinced me i will not need to reapply when i get a new passport, like is the case with UK. Just bring it and we will endorse the reminder time, and issue a new GNIB card, she said. Make sure you come with your sister again and all will be grand.

The next problem is, they placed their leave to remain stamp on top of my UK residence stamp, which i was upset about. As there are lots of pages in the passport for them to do so. The stupid guy that dealt with me said, i am now resident in Ireland, so my UK stamp is irrelevant, which is not the point. The stamp is so useless, without any Biometric Strip or Reference number.

If i have to pay for another UK stamp, the bill will definitely be sent to GNIB.

I am please and relief i won't have to deal with those nincompoop for the next 4-5 years.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Obie, congratulations. and i think it is the department of justice who are glad they won't have to deal with you for the next 4-5 years :)

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Congrts Obie!

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:47 pm

OBIE, CONGRATULATIONS, FREEDOM @ LAST. ENJOY YOURSELF MATE..XX

dublin3
- thin ice -

Congratulation

Post by dublin3 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Obie, congratulations I am so happy for you...and you pass me new information that they are not allowed to take our fingerprints if we are EU family member..good luck for your future mate.. :D

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 pm

O my Goodness...Look how sweet it sounds to hear Approve Approve Approve congrat Obie...now people like us who are still waiting on our decisions can keep our heads up high...Wish u all the best, mate...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:33 am

Thank you all guys for the congratulatory messages. Sorry for the late reply, due to my job hunt in the volatile market. I now have no valid excuse for staying on the forum whole day as before.

I shall nevertheless continue to contribute, whenever i am available.

Those of you still waiting for a positive reply, i wish you all the best, and hope it comes soon.

Again Finger Print is not a requirement for non-EEA family member of EEA Citizens, in order to obtain the 4EUFAM GNIB card .

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:39 am

Hi Guys
After waiting for 5 months and a week My application for a EU family member residence card has approved.
I would like to thanks all the members of this forum specially to Obie First-Class Moron Directive and El shaddai your post have been really helpful.
Thanks again everyone!

MAKUSA
BANNED

Nice one

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 pm

rebel82 wrote:Hi Guys
After waiting for 5 months and a week My application for a EU family member residence card has approved.
I would like to thanks all the members of this forum specially to Obie First-Class Moron Directive and El shaddai your post have been really helpful.
Thanks again everyone!
Congrats Bruv, nice one- really pleased for you.. :lol:

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks First-Class Moron :lol: