ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Netherlands to Ireland!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmsohaillatif
Newly Registered

From Netherlands to Ireland!!

Post by hmsohaillatif » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:21 am

Hi all, I am in Netherlands on one year's study permit. The visa on my passport is "D-type" (single-entry) and I have recently applied for the residence permit which will take about 4 months to be issued. Until then, my passport has been stamped with a sticker showing "temporary residence status" in Netherlands. Also, on my Netherlands visa it's written "Nederland (+1 TRANSIT SHENGEN). Now my question is: am I able to move to Ireland, Spain or Italy under current conditions which I just mentioned? Because of strict rules and regulations regarding non-EU students here in Netherlands, I want to move somewhere else like Ireland...but I have no idea where to move. Can anyone please help me out this problem?

Thanks & regards to all in advance.

Sohail

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:07 am

Sohail, well let's put it this way .... Netherlands is part of the Schengen area and so are two of the three countries you mention ... Italy and Spain. So you will have no problem travelling to either of those countries ... but clearly will need to regularise your stay there.

Ireland (and the UK) are not part of the Schengen area so dependent upon your nationality you will need to get a visa before travelling there.

What exactly are you trying to achieve .... studying in a different country? If so, don't you need to find out details of courses etc?
John

hmsohaillatif
Newly Registered

Netherlands to Ireland!!!

Post by hmsohaillatif » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:04 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. The purpsoe is studying in some other country and I find Ireland or England the best places in Europe. I've worked out the details regarding the universities and the course to apply for but not sure about the immigraion procedure. For instance, I am currently in The Netherlands and if I decide to apply for visa for Ireland or UK then where should I file my application? Pakistan (my home country) or Netherlands or (in case of Irish university) Ireland? This is what I exactly want to know. Hope you understand now.

sohail

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:29 pm

Sohail, if you are currently legally resident in the Netherlands you can submit your UK visa application there. No need to go back to Pakistan simply to file the visa application. I would guess the same would be the case if you want to apply to Ireland.

If wanting to study in the UK, do you have any particular course or place of study in mind? If so, do you have a confirmed place on that course?
John

hmsohaillatif
Newly Registered

Post by hmsohaillatif » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:34 pm

Thanks again for your reply. As for UK and Ireland, YES I want to go there for study and as such I have worked out the details of the universities and the courses BUT I still don't have a confirmed offer of a place in my desired field of study.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:21 pm

hmsohaillatif wrote:Thanks again for your reply. As for UK and Ireland, YES I want to go there for study and as such I have worked out the details of the universities and the courses BUT I still don't have a confirmed offer of a place in my desired field of study.

For information on UK visas: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk