ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

any advice?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

evabeva

any advice?

Post by evabeva » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:20 pm

hello all

I would like to know. I have applied for a visa student under tier 4 for a master course, which has already started, but university gave me time till 1st of October. i have emailed the embassy over here and the answer is the same : checking you documents (as I have been a student before in UK).
1st of October is after-tomorrow and I am sure I wont get any answers from the embassy about the visa.
After this date uni won't accept me as I run late .

My question is, do I have the right to withdraw my documents as I need my passport for other things?

If I withdraw my application, later in life can i apply for a visa in UK?(I dont I will ever, looking at the processing time and pressure they put you on)

Many thanks in advance
none

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:46 pm

trust me uni will accept you even after dates, those mentioned dates are for visa office only. for my undergradaute i was 2 months late and still uni accepted me. they need international student badly.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:53 pm

if you withdrew your application then in future you always have to mention that u applied for student visa and reason to withdrew it and provide them a withdrawal letter from embassy.and i dnno if it gna put and adverse effect on ur application.

also i withdrew my UK student visa extension now i have to provide the HO withdrawal letter and my withdrawal request mentionin the reason. the place i am applying from usually student visa takes 1-2 days but its been 5 days my application is still under consideration.

in your case just wait u never know when you will get visa. i have also applied for masters and application is on process but on my visa letter its mention i can join till 12th oct so still i gt 13 days to go till my application gt approves.

rahulkhanna
Newly Registered

RE: Advise

Post by rahulkhanna » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Thats true.. they badly need International Students like us :)

Don't worry.. tell ur university that its because of HO and I am sure they'll accept you.. And if incase u get visa and university is not ready.. just PM me I'll help you in getting admission in a different university.

Have u paid any sort of deposit/fee to university ?

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:44 pm

ice_breaker wrote:trust me uni will accept you even after dates, those mentioned dates are for visa office only. for my undergradaute i was 2 months late and still uni accepted me. they need international student badly.
hi thanks for your advice

but were you not late for lectures and seminars?

Uni actually emailed me and said if you can not make it till 1st of October then you have to defer it next year Sept/2010

Yeh u right , they need us coz we pay so much !! lol
Last edited by evabeva on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
none

evabeva

Re: RE: Advise

Post by evabeva » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm

rahulkhanna wrote:Thats true.. they badly need International Students like us :)

Don't worry.. tell ur university that its because of HO and I am sure they'll accept you.. And if incase u get visa and university is not ready.. just PM me I'll help you in getting admission in a different university.

Have u paid any sort of deposit/fee to university ?
No I have not paid any fees yet. The initial payment is in October

thnx for your reply btw
none