ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoA delayed - Fiance entry Clearance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dude09
Newly Registered

CoA delayed - Fiance entry Clearance

Post by Dude09 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 am

We have known each other for over one year and we decided to tie the bonds so we applied for a CoA for same-gender partnership, just under the minimum of 3 months ideally required, receiving an acknowledgment letter from the HO on the 10th Aug.

It has been 7 weeks now and no answer yet. My 2 yr student visa is finishing in 5 weeks, which means that even if the CoA is approved and comes back in the next few days, we realistically won't be able to go for the interview and register our civil partnership on time.

I don't want to overstay since it may cause us trouble when I apply for the Partner visa. Also because I don't even know if the HO will approve our Partnership, although we provided clear reasons on why we were applying quite late (work related issues for same sex partnership, unaware that this stupid CoA was needed etc).

So now I needed help to clarify a few things:

1. if the CoA comes back soon, will that allow me to overstay under the condition of getting married straight away?

2. I am also planning to go back home and apply for a 'Proposed CP entry Clearance', which will cost me an arm and a leg thanks HO!. What sort of document are needed? How guaranteed is it if we never lived together here in the UK?

3. After I come back to the UK, i know I'll have 6 months to register. Do I still have to have an interview and then request the register ceremony? What sort of timeframe should we look at until when I can apply for a Partner's visa and have our lives back again

4. Does the HO have any special service where we can call in and 'express' our feelings? :)

Please tell me all I need to know about 2 & 3 and any other suggestions are more than welcome

Cheers guys!

hopeless2009
Newly Registered

Post by hopeless2009 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:27 pm

1. Which nationality is your partner ?
2. Have you lived together for a minimum of 2 years ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:36 pm

My 2 yr student visa is finishing in 5 weeks, which means that even if the CoA is approved and comes back in the next few days, we realistically won't be able to go for the interview and register our civil partnership on time.
Why? That is, why is there a problem if the CoA "comes back in the next few days"?

But I accept that in a couple of weeks, yes it does become a problem.
John

Dude09
Newly Registered

Reply to : hopeless2009

Post by Dude09 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:51 pm

My Partner is British and we have known each other for over 1 year, but never lived together here or anywhere else.

We are planning to do so as from when we register our partnership.

Another thing is that just today we received a letter from the HO requesting each one of us to send them a Avidif signed in front of our lawyers, stating that we are a real couple.

But now, since my visa is just about to finish, I am planning to leave the UK and go back home to apply for an entry clearance to register a partnership.

What should we do? Should we still send the Avidif documents?
or will the Entry Clearance be enough for when I come back?

Please Help

Dude09
Newly Registered

Reply to : John

Post by Dude09 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:56 pm

The problem is that we still haven't received the COA. Instead, the HO sent us a letter requesting that each one of us send them an Avidif stating that we are a real couple etc etc.

So I know that it is not going to be timely possible to have the CoA back in time, since my visa will already have expired and I don't want to overstay.

We think that the best option would be for me to go back home and apply for an entry clearance to register our partnership.

What should we do?

Many thanks for the replies