ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refused but college does not want to refund my money

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hanna

visa refused but college does not want to refund my money

Post by hanna » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi all,I have an emergency here.I applied for the student visa outside of the UK an my visa was refused due to I was given a wrong type of visa letter.I did ask for the administrative review but still my visa got refused under the same reason.I was told by the principal of my college that if it confirms that visa letter was invalid and it was college's fault, they will pay for my visa fee and I can apply again.It has been a month since I last spoke with a Principal.I sent several emails to the college but did not get a single reply from them.I did pay them 2,000 pounds in April for my course and now I am thinking of taking my money back, but can not do so as they do not reply!I asked my friend who is a UK resident to contact this college on my behalf, but every time she phones them, receptionist says that the Principal is busy or not there.I am scared that I will not be able to take my money back now.Does anybody know whom I can contact regarding this situation?How I can let other students know about reputation of this college?This college is [deleted by Moderator].I do have an original receipt confirming that I paid them 2,000 pounds and other letters confirming that I was enrolled on the certain course, but they are no use to me as I am not in the UK now so can not even go to the police.Please help.

gourav
Newly Registered

Post by gourav » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi

please check their refund policy

http://www.etgs.org.uk/site/admission_process.asp

If you dont secure a visa they should refund ur fee

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:10 am

make sure your college is in the UKBA recognized list. most cases the fees is refundable . in ur case i believe ur college isnt in UBKA and endsup provided u with the wrong visa letter. and now avoiding refund situation.

send a copy of rejection letter to ur mate so he can visit them with a proof and get ur money back ,

goodluck.