ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Work Permit to Tier 1 while changing employers

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clin10
Newly Registered

Switch from Work Permit to Tier 1 while changing employers

Post by clin10 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi,

I need your advice urgently about an issue. I am currently on a Work Permit. Our operations have been take over by a new company which is in the process of applying for a change of work permit over to their sponsorship.

I have my papers for Tier 1 (General) ready. Can I independently apply for Tier 1? Will the above process where my new employers are applying for Tier2 (Work Permit) change of company interfere with my Tier 1 application? I am forced to take this step as there is a possibility that my new employers might not be able to get my work permit transferred in time.

Quick response will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Clint
Last edited by clin10 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Switch from Work Permit to Tier 1 while changing employe

Post by mvent00 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:34 pm

If I were you, I would discuss with the persons incharge in your company about it. I mean if you have Tier 1, it should be relatively easier for your company to prepare your work documents. Isn´t it?
Please wait for more experienced answer.
clin10 wrote:Hi,

I need your advice urgently about an issue. I am currently on a Work Permit. Our operations have been take over by a new company which is in the process of applying for a change of work permit over to their sponsorship.

I have my papers for Tier 1 (General) ready. Can I independently apply for Tier 1? Will the above process where my new employers are applying for Tier2 (Work Permit) change of company?

Many thanks,
Clint

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Switch from Work Permit to Tier 1 while changing employe

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:20 pm

clin10 wrote:Hi,

I have my papers for Tier 1 (General) ready. Can I independently apply for Tier 1? Will the above process where my new employers are applying for Tier2 (Work Permit) change of company interfere with my Tier 1 application? I am forced to take this step as there is a possibility that my new employers might not be able to get my work permit transferred in time.

Many thanks,
Clint
Talk to your new employers and tell them that you qualify for T1 and will be able to apply and get the visa much quickly than transfer of T2. If your company agrees, then go ahead else tell them to expedite the transfer.

Please note that you can file only one kind of visa application at a time, with the latest application overiding the previous submission. Hope it's clear now.
Regards,
crowbar6

clin10
Newly Registered

Post by clin10 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:45 pm

The new employers will not be applying for a new visa as such. They will just apply for change of sponsorship which won't involve stamping an entry clearance I guess.

So, can I go ahead and apply?

Thanks,
Clint

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Is it just your guess? It would be better to discuss with them clearly about it.
clin10 wrote:The new employers will not be applying for a new visa as such. They will just apply for change of sponsorship which won't involve stamping an entry clearance I guess.

So, can I go ahead and apply?

Thanks,
Clint

clin10
Newly Registered

Post by clin10 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:25 pm

They say they will apply for transfer of sponsorship only. I already have a work permit + entry clearance for 5 yrs. This will not involve stamping a new entry clearance. Hence my question whether this process will interfere with my tier 1 application. Any advice?

Thanks,
Clint

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:22 pm

clin10 wrote:They say they will apply for transfer of sponsorship only. I already have a work permit + entry clearance for 5 yrs. This will not involve stamping a new entry clearance. Hence my question whether this process will interfere with my tier 1 application. Any advice?

Thanks,
Clint
It will not impact your Tier-1 application but if you are granted a Tier-1 visa then it will overrule the WP. You will be required to disclose this fact to the employer so that they can check the visa and make sure you can be legally employed by them. So apart from pissing them off (hopefully not), there isn't much wrong you will do.
Regards,
crowbar6