ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 : Brothers like to visit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pdykid

EEA2 : Brothers like to visit

Post by pdykid » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian having EEA2 (recently stamped) and my husband is EEA national living and working in UK about 5 years. I am in UK for 2 years not working.
My brothers like to visit us during Christmas, are they eligible for EEA family member permit?

If they are not eligible for EEA family member permit, they can visit us thru Family visitor right?
VAF1B - Family visitor

What kind of support (financial and work) documents they need to provide?
As one brother working as Graduate software engineer and another doing his Engineering degree second year (four year course).

Can both show their parents property as support documents?

Many thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 : Brothers like to visit

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:53 pm

pdykid wrote:Hi,

I am an Indian having EEA2 (recently stamped) and my husband is EEA national living and working in UK about 5 years. I am in UK for 2 years not working.
My brothers like to visit us during Christmas, are they eligible for EEA family member permit?
Do your brothers fall under any of these categories?:
Directive 2004/38/EC, Article 3(2)(a) wrote:any other family members, irrespective of their nationality, not falling under the definition in
point 2 of Article 2 who, in the country from which they have come, are dependants or
members of the household of the Union citizen having the primary right of residence, or
where serious health grounds strictly require the personal care of the family member by the
Union citizen
;
If not, the EEA regs do not apply. They are, of course, able to apply under UK domestic legislation.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks benifa

bobbysatya4u

Re: EEA2 : Brothers like to visit

Post by bobbysatya4u » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:32 pm

[quote="pdykid"]Hi,

If they are not eligible for EEA family member permit, they can visit us thru Family visitor right?
VAF1B - Family visitor

What kind of support (financial and work) documents they need to provide?
Can both show their parents property as support documents?

I am not a pro but just sharing my own expereince.They can certainly visit u as family visitors.EEA permit-don't know much about it.U'll have to sent them an invitation,proof of income and proof of accommodation.I sent my bank statements,recent payslips and p60,job letter and tenancy agrrement and a utility bill.From their side bank statements,proof of ties in India like they have their own family or studing.Propeties of ur parents--don't think so but they can make valution of all properties in thier joint name.Any c/a will do that in India.Aslo they can provide a suppoert letter from ur parents saying they help ur brothers financialy but then u'll need their bank statements and proof of properties and all that.hmm think thts all i provided for my parents and for my cousin.They all haapily visited me and gone back.Good luck

Many thanks

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Bobbysatya4u. Thank you

It’s really helpful…

Still I have few doubts…

Proof of accommodation, we can provide my tenancy agreement right. Do we need to provide anything more?

Where or who will to do valuation of all properties in India?

Do they need to provide original properties agreements to VFS with English translation is it correct?

bobbysatya4u

Post by bobbysatya4u » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi pdykid,
Yeah u can provide ur tenancy agreement or just a letter from Estate agent (if u r renting through an agency) quoting u have been living thre since ... and ur agreement is extendable.Also provide any utility bill.Pay slips and p 60 come with adresss anyway.think for accomodation that is more then enough. Valuation- My dad's charted accountant did for him but u can get it done it from any C/A in India.U'll have to provide land /registry,any proof of properety.I think C/A will visit ur house and make a valution of ur house,if they have any vehicle in their name provide registration..basicly everything u got ,tell C/A and they will valuate it.Life insurance policies,Fixed deposits etc.When they make these valution papers ask them to do in English and u don't have to provide originals to VFS. also for ur student bro..letter from uni stating how long he has been studing for,course name and remained duration of course.
and just remebered,u'll need a copy of front page of ur husband and copy of ur passport +rc.
hope that helps