ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a Tier 4 be rejected because of Early Classes?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icecool
- thin ice -

Can a Tier 4 be rejected because of Early Classes?

Post by icecool » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 am

hi,
i want to know that can a tier 4 visa be rejected for a reason that classes are starting to early accoring to the visa letter?Well the thing is that i submitted my application about 3 weeks ago and yet its not processed and my course will be staring really soon and im pretty much sure that by the time my application is going to be processed i would have missed my intake which is mentioned on the visa letter however i have informed the college about this and they are ready to take me a few weeks later from the intake date however the college is unable to inform the british high comission about this.So i want to know that according to the tier 4 rules can a visa be rejected if the classes starts too early?

the place from which im applying can take up to 8 weeks of processing time however i was unware about this when i applied..Thought it would just take 15 working days.. Alltho i gave the application about 20 working days to be processed there is not response yet....

So i want to know that according to the tier 4 rules can the application be rejected for this reason?????

gourav
Newly Registered

Post by gourav » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Even i am facing the same problem.from whre did u apply?

icecool
- thin ice -

Post by icecool » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:43 pm

[quote="gourav"]Even i am facing the same problem.from whre did u apply?[/quote]

New delhi.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:09 pm

icecool wrote:
gourav wrote:Even i am facing the same problem.from whre did u apply?
New delhi.
Hi

British Embassy can ask for new visa letter if your classes already started.

They have issed this news to Pakistan Embassy that due to visa delay student have to submit new visa letters.

Check Web site

www.ukvacpk.com for more detail.

UK_Banned_Member

Kezia
Newly Registered

Holy Crap. >.>

Post by Kezia » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:36 am

I applied for Tier 4 Student, and its been almost 17 days, but my status remained "App forwarded to Islamabad oc on" It hasnt changed at all. I called the vac, and they told me if I want to hurry, I'll have to call the Abu-Dhabi center.
Thing is, my college has started and I have already lost more then a week's lecture classes. My money is being wasted, and I dont know whats keeping them to wait. My bank balance, maintenance, English, all points are scored fine. I just wish they would hurry up!!!
And this status has been so, from the very beginning.
Kindly, someone tell me what to do, or at least sympathize, coz I'm stressing over it.

icecool
- thin ice -

Post by icecool » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:32 am

immigrationuk2009 wrote:
icecool wrote:
gourav wrote:Even i am facing the same problem.from whre did u apply?
New delhi.
Hi

British Embassy can ask for new visa letter if your classes already started.

They have issed this news to Pakistan Embassy that due to visa delay student have to submit new visa letters.

Check Web site

www.ukvacpk.com for more detail.

UK_Banned_Member
No news here in india has been issued..

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Holy Crap. >.>

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Kezia wrote:I applied for Tier 4 Student, and its been almost 17 days, but my status remained "App forwarded to Islamabad oc on" It hasnt changed at all. I called the vac, and they told me if I want to hurry, I'll have to call the Abu-Dhabi center.
Thing is, my college has started and I have already lost more then a week's lecture classes. My money is being wasted, and I dont know whats keeping them to wait. My bank balance, maintenance, English, all points are scored fine. I just wish they would hurry up!!!
Kindly, someone tell me what to do, or at least sympathize, coz I'm stressing over it.
Hi

I heard today from one person to whom Islamabad Embassy has asked him for new visa letter.

So they would contact you and ask for new visa letter.

UK_Banned_Member

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 pm

Kezia wrote:I applied for Tier 4 Student, and its been almost 17 days, but my status remained "App forwarded to Islamabad oc on" It hasnt changed at all. I called the vac, and they told me if I want to hurry, I'll have to call the Abu-Dhabi center.
No news is good news
Magsi

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:18 pm

magsi23 wrote:
No news is good news
hI

As I said they can ask for new visa letter.

So be ready if they ask for new visa letter.

UK_Banned_Member

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:33 am

well i am applying visa on Sunday 13th sept and my classes will be starting on 21st sept and interesting bit mention on my visa letter is thatnmy classes will be starting on 21st sept however the latest date for arrival is 12 Oct.

will that be ok or they will ask me to get new visa letter !!!

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:19 pm

ice_breaker wrote:well i am applying visa on Sunday 13th sept and my classes will be starting on 21st sept and interesting bit mention on my visa letter is thatnmy classes will be starting on 21st sept however the latest date for arrival is 12 Oct.

will that be ok or they will ask me to get new visa letter !!!
Hi

If they processed your application within 12 OCT then fine.

Otherwise they can ask for new visa letter or can issue visa without new visa letter.

It all depends on them.

UK_Banned_Member

Hash.d
Newly Registered

Re: Can a Tier 4 be rejected because of Early Classes?

Post by Hash.d » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 pm

icecool wrote:hi,
i want to know that can a tier 4 visa be rejected for a reason that classes are starting to early accoring to the visa letter?Well the thing is that i submitted my application about 3 weeks ago and yet its not processed and my course will be staring really soon and im pretty much sure that by the time my application is going to be processed i would have missed my intake which is mentioned on the visa letter however i have informed the college about this and they are ready to take me a few weeks later from the intake date however the college is unable to inform the british high comission about this.So i want to know that according to the tier 4 rules can a visa be rejected if the classes starts too early?

the place from which im applying can take up to 8 weeks of processing time however i was unware about this when i applied..Thought it would just take 15 working days.. Alltho i gave the application about 20 working days to be processed there is not response yet....

So i want to know that according to the tier 4 rules can the application be rejected for this reason?????

Hi Guys,

Stuck with the same problem . applied in hyderabad VFS on 10 Sep for classes strating on 01 Oct. Whats hurting me even more is that its LSE I'll be going to. Anyone got through the golgen sticker?

Harsha

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Hi
Whats hurting me even more is that its LSE I'll be going to. Anyone got through the golgen sticker?
Would you not mind to explain more please .

I am not getting anything. :roll:

UK_Banned_Member

Hash.d
Newly Registered

Post by Hash.d » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:29 pm

immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi
Whats hurting me even more is that its LSE I'll be going to. Anyone got through the golgen sticker?

UK_Banned_Member
Hi,

I meant " golden sticker" - the visa stamp.

Hash

Hash.d
Newly Registered

Post by Hash.d » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Hash.d wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi

UK_Banned_Member
Hi,

I meant " golden sticker" - the visa stamp.

Hash

Hi IMM,

To make it more clear:

I've an offer with the London School of economics.

I had applied for Visa on 10 Sep for classes starting on 01 Oct, but its taking unusually long for my application to be processed ; against the usual Indian Consulate's time lines of 5 business days for people who 've already been on work to the UK.

My Uni has confirmed that I could report at the latset by 30 Oct, but its not mentioned in the Visa Letter. Requesting a new one would take about 3 weeks, so I applied with the VL which did' nt have the Latest joing date.

I have recieved the new Visa Letter today which says the join date can be till 30 Oct.

So would the BHC get in touch with the Uni on the late arrival/ Can i now send my new Visa letter to the BHC/ or would it be a reject for late application?

Hash.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:55 pm

i suggest check with the VFS as they might help u . they should take ur new visa letter and copy of ur application reference number and send it to embassy. do it quick, goodluck

mtjoy86
Newly Registered

Post by mtjoy86 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 am

Hi I am new to this forum and I'm kinda relieved that there are people in my situation. I've been enrolled for PhD at UCL. But I had recieved a late offer and there was a delay in recieving my ATAS certificate . As a result I was'nt able to apply for my visa on time. My start date was on the 28th of sept. and I had applied for visa on 29th. I talked to my university regarding the delay and they said they would be fine with me joining late and they would also send me a revised visa letter but it might take time. Do you think my application would get rejected? What should I do now? How long does it take to procees students visa during this period.I'm applying from cochin. I'd really like some advice..

Hash.d
Newly Registered

Post by Hash.d » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:50 am

Hi,

The BHC chennai has confirmed that no additional supporting documents would be accepted after an application is lodged in their system- Guaranteed.
I am told that usually in such cases, the consulate shcedules an interview to clarify the last date of joining- You should be having the new Visa letter at that time; ocassionaly it might also issue by just contacting the Uni.
As per the new PBS rules, a Uni is supposed to report anyone who has'nt turned up within 10 business days of the course start and if you let the University know the situation you should be fine.
Having said that, I've also known a few ppl who were rejected purely bcoz they were late in applying.
Lets hope for the best.

Hash.