ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years ILR application- extra support Docs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chicuk
Newly Registered

10 years ILR application- extra support Docs

Post by chicuk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Dear all:
After 14 weeks since posted my 10 years long residence ILR application. I got a letter from home office which request more support Docs due to I lost my two previous passport which covered july 1999 to july 2003.

here is a extra Docs they request
1. Evidence from college/university of continuous residence in the UK from July 99 until July 2003. These should include start and finish dates of all course taken and attendance records
2. Letter from GP confirming all visits during the period
3. List of all absences outside the UK during this period
4. Any other useful information or documnets

and below are my questions if someone here who have similar experience or advice
Doc 1- I will get letter from college which will be fine for this
Doc 2- As I never go to Doctor in UK. therefore, I will not be able to provide this. Do you guys think there is any other sort of Docs which i can sent to home office.
Doc3- Now i only can list the Absences date base on some of my flight booking and my time table. i have some dates which i am not sure of. Therefore, should I stated on the sheet say dates(unsure)???
Doc4- can anyone suggest any Docs which I can sent to home office to support my case??

thanks a lot for spending your time reading my questions and looking forward to any advice.

bototo

Post by bototo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 am

Doc 2: Bank statements, regular pay slips from your part-time employment, phone bills etc., may serve instead of the GP's letter. It's quite normal to not have been to a doctor. I know a successful 14 year applicant who had never been to a doctor in the entire 14 years.
Doc 3: I dont think they'll like "dates I'm not sure of". It's up to you to identify when you were here. Go through your CC bills if you paid for flight tickets with CC. Go through your email for confirmation of flight bookings from your travel agent. Dig through all your documents and give them an exact schedule of absences.

chicuk
Newly Registered

Post by chicuk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:41 am

bototo wrote:Doc 2: Bank statements, regular pay slips from your part-time employment, phone bills etc., may serve instead of the GP's letter. It's quite normal to not have been to a doctor. I know a successful 14 year applicant who had never been to a doctor in the entire 14 years.
Doc 3: I dont think they'll like "dates I'm not sure of". It's up to you to identify when you were here. Go through your CC bills if you paid for flight tickets with CC. Go through your email for confirmation of flight bookings from your travel agent. Dig through all your documents and give them an exact schedule of absences.
thanks a lot for your advice.

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Would someone know what is the out of country requirement on long residency (10-years). For example for HSMP/WP it is 180-days in period of 5-years, any guidance on long residency criterion.

Thanks

chicuk
Newly Registered

Post by chicuk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 am

wphsmpteir1 wrote:Would someone know what is the out of country requirement on long residency (10-years). For example for HSMP/WP it is 180-days in period of 5-years, any guidance on long residency criterion.

Thanks
hello:
the long residency absences requirement is: in total should not be absence from UK for 18 months(540 days) and should not be absence more than 6 months in any one time. hope it helps. There are some one one the forum posted the rule detail on home office link for 10 years residence. just do a search you should be able to find the link.

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks

chicuk
Newly Registered

Post by chicuk » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:38 am

Dear all:
Finally, after 4 months minus 1 week that my ILR finally gained. Here are my case and how my application went through.(postal application sent last week of June 2009)

*ILR base on 10 years long residence rule
Due to I lost my first two passports which covered nearly 4 years of my life here in uk. My lawyer said that I need to use postal application. Therefore, we posted application around 10 days before I completed 10 years stay in uk.(I came to uk for studies for 7 years and then 3 years on work permit. In between,all Visas were extended or changed before expiry date). We posted DOCs as listed below.

*life in the Uktest pass paper
*3 months bank statement.
*all my college certificates.
*letters from home office when gained my work permit.
*list of absences from UK(only cover the period which we can see from the passports that I have and only cover approx 7 years life in uk)

and then we waited for 14 weeks without any updates from home office(apart from knowledge letter from home office two days after we posted the application). Finally, in the end of SEP, my lawyer received a letter from home office , they requested me to provides some Docs( listed as below)

*School letters with detail absences and attendances of every courses I took during the period which covered the lost passports.
*GP visits details cover the period.
*Detail absences from uk covered the period.
*any other useful Docs which may help the case.

Then we posted more Docs to home office as listed below

*letter from University
*I got certificate of leave and enter from immigration bureau (My home country) to show the date I landed in uk.
*some bills from landline, council tax, contract for my flat, landline ,mobile...etc.

Finally, after 8 days my lawyer posted the extra supporting DOCs. My ILR is gained. I am very happy and over the moon. Hope my story will help others.

Note: rules are rules ,so read the guide line carefully then you can clearly know you can get ILR or not. Also, if you can apply through same day service I will highly suggest you to do so to avoid a lot of stress,worries and sleep less nights which I went through.

Good luck to you all.