ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visaextention delayed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syounusa

Student visaextention delayed

Post by syounusa » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi
I applied for student extention with my wife in March 18th,2009 with all docments as old system and I gave Biometric on 19th May 2009. I havnt got any reply from HO yet. My university contacted with HO two times in August the 16th and September the 9th but they didnt give any resonable answer. I am worried about that can u suggest me what can I do now please.
Thanks

koru cowboy
Newly Registered

Post by koru cowboy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi

I know that feeling.I waited for 5 months and got a positive result.Unfortunately there is nothing you can do.Calling the UKBA is futile as they will just give you a vague answer.My opinion is that if it was a straight foward refusal,they would have done it already.There is hope there for you.

syounusa

Post by syounusa » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi Koru
Thanks 4 reply.
Did u get ur reply 5 months after biometric or application date please?
Do u know one of my friends got result just after 23 days in new system.
Thanks

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:01 pm

My wife has been waiting since Jan 09.. Bio Matric was done in Apr...

As of today, no Refusal, no positive answer
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

raw33
Newly Registered

Post by raw33 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:47 pm

hamid84 wrote:My wife has been waiting since Jan 09.. Bio Matric was done in Apr...

Hi
Evyone

Just chk if ur college is under UKBA sponsored list of colleges list.

If your answer is NO...then this is the only reason why your visa is being hold without any query or refusal.

Solution: Take admission in to a UKBA sponsored list of college and submit all ur documents showing that now all your status is good n fine n u r in a genuine listed college...cheers...all the best.

prince.07

re-visa extension

Post by prince.07 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:47 am

One of my friend applied for his student visa extension since december, 2008, did biometric on the 16 december, 2008. He is yet to hear from UKBA and his course is finishing on the 19th of this month. Is it possible to decide an application after the extension sought is finished?

What action can he take as all effort to speak on phone was fruitless?

What can he do about this case?

Thanks for your positive contribution.

raw33 wrote:
hamid84 wrote:My wife has been waiting since Jan 09.. Bio Matric was done in Apr...

Hi
Evyone

Just chk if ur college is under UKBA sponsored list of colleges list.

If your answer is NO...then this is the only reason why your visa is being hold without any query or refusal.

Solution: Take admission in to a UKBA sponsored list of college and submit all ur documents showing that now all your status is good n fine n u r in a genuine listed college...cheers...all the best.