ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CTC, WTC... FLR .. John help please

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fuscia

CTC, WTC... FLR .. John help please

Post by Fuscia » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi I am making an enquiry for a friend. Just want to clarify a few things. Thanks for any help.

Her husband is on a two year spouse visa, they are soon applying for FLR, not ILR, due to personal circumstances regarding their relationship.

Anyway my friend does not work, her husband does. They recieve CTC in her name and WTC in joint names, my friend was the main applicant.

On the form where it says are you recieveing any of these public funds, she ticks Child Benefit WTC and CTC. BUT does she have to tick WTC for her husband? WTC is paid into a joint account with both their names but the payment is made to her husband through his national insurance number - because he is the one that works.

If these benefits are allowed if one of the people is british why is it on the list of forbidden Public Funds.

Thanks for your help.

How does she prove that she was the main applicant? does she have to prove this?

Fuscia

Post by Fuscia » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Sorry to bump

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Did you read the sticky topic in this section of the Board? The one that includes in its title "Read this b4 starting new topic."?

Your situation is not unique. The answer to your query is given in that topic.
John