ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa rejected due to picture not meeting guidline

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajjo
Newly Registered

Visa rejected due to picture not meeting guidline

Post by Rajjo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 am

Hi there, can some one pls advise me on what to do, coz my visa got rejected due to the picture and the visa expired while my passport was with HO. on the letter they mentioned that the fee will be refunded and I can make another application. But my question is can I make the application from within the UK or do I have to leave the country first. Secondly, can I now legally go to work since I dont have a visa anymore. Urgently seeking adivse.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:10 am

hi there,
I would say send a fresh application with photos taken according to the guidelines. Read the guidelines for the photo to see what did you miss. Share it if you can with other to help you.

As you have run out of visa so I don't know what to advise you about but I know one of my friend's application were rejected and he ran out of visa but he sent a new application (FRESH) from within UK and it was fine.

I am sure if you send the fresh application, you will get a REF Number from HO which you can show to your employer(s) and work until your case is decided.

Seniors will add to what I have said or rectify my mistakes.
Good luck

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Visa rejected due to picture not meeting guidline

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:56 am

If you could write/provide the text of the refusal letter, it would be better to discuss possible options. Like if they said, you can make another application, if it is incountry or outside. Secondly, your passport was with HO, when your visa was expired. It was your responsibility to apply enough time before baring in mind of the refusal for your second chance. May be you have to make a touch and go decision! Wait for other responses, but, as I said it might be better if you write here the refusal letter you have received.
Rajjo wrote:Hi there, can some one pls advise me on what to do, coz my visa got rejected due to the picture and the visa expired while my passport was with HO. on the letter they mentioned that the fee will be refunded and I can make another application. But my question is can I make the application from within the UK or do I have to leave the country first. Secondly, can I now legally go to work since I dont have a visa anymore. Urgently seeking adivse.

Rajjo
Newly Registered

Refusal letter (segments)

Post by Rajjo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Your application is returned to you as invalid becasue it does not meet one or more of the requirments, as indicated by a cross in the relevant box(es) above. (Photograph)

Arrangements will be made to refund any fee which you have paid.

The submission of a valid application, that is, one on the correct form which complies with the above requirments does not guarantee the application will be successful. It will be considered in accordance with the Immigration Rules or published policies....then it goes on to say view website or call.

winber

Post by winber » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Do you know what is wrong with the photograph?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Refusal letter (segments)

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Rajjo wrote:Your application is returned to you as invalid becasue it does not meet one or more of the requirments, as indicated by a cross in the relevant box(es) above. (Photograph)

The submission of a valid application, that is, one on the correct form which complies with the above requirments does not guarantee the application will be successful. It will be considered in accordance with the Immigration Rules or published policies....then it goes on to say view website or call.
Here is what I think you should do - Get new photographs taken which meet the guidelines. Make a fresh application by ensuring that bank statements , pay slips, proof for maintenance funds, etc all are correct as of date and submit it to UKBA for a decision. Please also attach the rejection/invalid letter that you have received and mention in the Cover Letter that you are submitting a fresh application and make a reference to the rejection/invalid letter. Continue to work as normal till you hear on this fresh application from UKBA. It should turn out fine.
Regards,
crowbar6

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Refusal letter (segments)

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Do it as soon as possible!!
crowbar6 wrote:
Rajjo wrote:Your application is returned to you as invalid becasue it does not meet one or more of the requirments, as indicated by a cross in the relevant box(es) above. (Photograph)

Here is what I think you should do - Get new photographs taken which meet the guidelines. Make a fresh application by ensuring that bank statements , pay slips, proof for maintenance funds, etc all are correct as of date and submit it to UKBA for a decision. Please also attach the rejection/invalid letter that you have received and mention in the Cover Letter that you are submitting a fresh application and make a reference to the rejection/invalid letter. Continue to work as normal till you hear on this fresh application from UKBA. It should turn out fine.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Visa rejected due to picture not meeting guidline

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Rajjo wrote:Hi there, can some one pls advise me on what to do, coz my visa got rejected due to the picture and the visa expired while my passport was with HO. on the letter they mentioned that the fee will be refunded and I can make another application. But my question is can I make the application from within the UK or do I have to leave the country first. Secondly, can I now legally go to work since I dont have a visa anymore. Urgently seeking adivse.
Is your existing visa still valid? If it is then there is nothing that can stop you from working.

If there is enough time left on your visa, get a fresh application pack ready and post it out asap.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.