ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for dependent relative as son over 18?any advice?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dime6
Newly Registered

applying for dependent relative as son over 18?any advice?

Post by dime6 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:41 pm

my name is vince 30 yr old male (single)from Asia. Long time ago since I was young my mom(single) and 1 older brother we used to live together in 1 house in our country helping together, then my brother(nurse) with his family migrate in uk and now they have the british citizenship.Then my mother married to an english man that she met in the uk wen she visit my bro,and now had the british citizenship. so I'm d only one left in my country. We talk about how to get me and will try the 'dependent relative as son over 18'bec I'm over 18 living alone,but I'm not disabled I can work but very hard for me bec. I'm alone and always depressed. The reason I/we like to apply bec. I'm d last family member living alone in my country and we like to live/stay together in the U.K. and my step dad (english man) will be the one who will sponsor me as dependent relative and they support me financially.

So any opinions/advice/alternative way? am I gonna be sucessfull as dependent relative as son over 18?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:13 pm

You are 30, which is by any stretch of the imagination adulthood and you are almost certainly not a dependent relative alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances.

Does any of your family provide for you?

Are you married and/or have children of your own?

How long ago did your brother come to the UK?

Do you work?

Own land?

Do you have any qualifications?

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:53 pm

PaperPusher wrote:You are 30, which is by any stretch of the imagination adulthood and you are almost certainly not a dependent relative alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances.

- As I have said "I'm d only one left in my country"

Does any of your family provide for you? - House

Are you married and/or have children of your own? - Single

How long ago did your brother come to the UK? - 2002

Do you work? - yes, in a third world country working is not enough

Own land? - owned by parents

Do you have any qualifications? - computer skills

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:17 pm

You may be alone, but you are not alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances.

You have a house, a job and skills.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
The dependants (other than a spouse or child) of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom may qualify for admission for settlement if they fall within one of the categories of relatives set out in paragraph 317 of HC 395. Paragraph 317 provides for the admission for settlement of parents, grandparents and other relatives of persons present and settled here. Other relatives are: a son, daughter, sister, brother and uncle or aunt over the age of 18, who is mainly dependent upon relatives settled here. Entry clearance as a dependent relative is mandatory, however paragraph 318 provides for such relatives to be granted indefinite leave to remain, even if they entered in a temporary capacity.
Please also see the bit where I got "most exceptional compassionate circumstances" from:
the son, daughter, sister, brother, aunt or uncle over the age of 18 if living alone in the most exceptional circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in the United Kingdom;

is financially mainly dependent on the relative present and settled in the United Kingdom;

can, and will be maintained and accommodated with any dependants without recourse to public funds;

has no other relatives in his own country to whom he could turn for financial support.

Also see this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Other relatives who wish to join a relative in the United Kingdom must not only satisfy each of the requirements of Paragraph 317, they must also demonstrate that they are living alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances. Therefore such applications will have to be decided on the individual merits of the case. As the majority of such applications will be from persons who are over the age of 18, but not necessarily old and frail, the compassionate circumstances will need to be very strong. The circumstances will have to be such that the applicant cannot function (either because of illness or disability) without the help and support of friends or relatives and that no such help or support is available to them in the country where they are living.
These are the immigration rules:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... sandother/

Other ways to come to the UK could be as a student or sponsored worker.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm

take note:

house is owned by my parents
job is not that stable

I already found and read those websites, anyway thanks PaperPusher

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Yes, but when I asked if your family provide for you, you replied "house". That helps as evidence of you being dependent.

I cannot see how you qualify for entry to the UK as a dependent relative however because I don't see what it is about your circumstances that are most exceptionaly compassionate.
Last edited by PaperPusher on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Actually they are planning to sell the house, so what are my circumstances if they sell the house? it's there property not mine. Providing there house for me is still part of supporting me in this case that's why they like to sponsor me to stay with them and sell the house in my home country so we can stay together in U.K. and unite.
Last edited by dime6 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:50 pm

But I still don't see what it is about your circumstances that are most exceptionally compassionate, and I cannot how the house being sold would make your circumstances arouse compassion to a most exceptional degree.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Ok, What if my family put up a family business? do you think they can sponsor me as there worker or private worker, and they will be my employer my family/parents?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:21 pm

They would have to be a licenced sponsor, and you would have to score enough points as a sponsored worker in Tier 2 of the points based scheme. The job would also have to be a skilled job. The concept "private worker" does not come up in the immigration rules, but if you mean a servant, well you would have to qualify for that by already being their servant.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:32 pm

This is never gonna work! Best to study or aquire a skill if you want to relocate here.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:49 am

Wanderer wrote:This is never gonna work! Best to study or aquire a skill if you want to relocate here.
Or look for a British partner.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:31 am

Hmm.. That's a good idea djb123.. hehe