ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds for appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bajwagr8

Maintenance funds for appeal

Post by Bajwagr8 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Hi All,

My wife's Tier1 Dependant was rejected due to stupid reason that she didn't disclose her criminal convictions. We are applying for an appeal against the decision.

Could you please let me know if I have to maintain maintenance funds (£800 + 533) until she gets her visa or this is not required now?

Any guidance would be highly apperciated.

Thanks,
Salman.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance funds for appeal

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Bajwagr8 wrote:Hi All,

My wife's Tier1 Dependant was rejected due to stupid reason that she didn't disclose her criminal convictions. We are applying for an appeal against the decision.

Could you please let me know if I have to maintain maintenance funds (£800 + 533) until she gets her visa or this is not required now?

Any guidance would be highly apperciated.

Thanks,
Salman.
Since you are applying for an appeal against the decision, your documents of your original application would be considered. So no you don't need to maintain while you appeal.
But not declaring crimical convinction is a big mistake.

Bajwagr8

Post by Bajwagr8 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks Chetanojha.

The home office must have been mistaken with this objection because she has no convictions whatsoever. She doesn't even has a diriving license. It seems like identity mismatch. I have got NOC from home country police and asked for PNC from UK police as well. I hope this will be cleared even before hearing.

Anyone else heared about such identity mismatch case before??

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:07 pm

Bajwagr8 wrote:Thanks Chetanojha.

The home office must have been mistaken with this objection because she has no convictions whatsoever. She doesn't even has a diriving license. It seems like identity mismatch. I have got NOC from home country police and asked for PNC from UK police as well. I hope this will be cleared even before hearing.

Yes sometimes such things happen. My father in law has the same name as some guy who had murdered a foreigner in India, which is why every time he is clearing Immigration in Western countries, they ask him extra questions.

Its a funny story about him but it is true.

Don't worry about the appeal, if you can get the Police certificates from both home country and UK police, it should be sorted.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Bajwagr8 wrote:Thanks Chetanojha.

:-) This is classy case of mistaken identity. Hope it will sort out. I am not aware of the process but as cheshiregoan said logically it looks you should be fine.