ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone knows how long can it take 2 get the passprt bak plz?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heman

Anyone knows how long can it take 2 get the passprt bak plz?

Post by heman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 pm

hi every1 again,

My appeal has gone through on 16th June 2009, but since then I didnt hear anything from Home office/uk border agency. Does anyone have any contact no. from where i can know what happened to my visa application pleaseeeee . Many Thanks.
Last edited by heman on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

ent7907
Newly Registered

Post by ent7907 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:06 am

Hi, I have the same problem. Appeal approved on 24th July and still no news. Its even more urgent now that I have been offered employment and need to prove I can work. Allthough I have not had any news I can let you know what I have done:

1. Asked employment agency to call HO (Sponsorship Helpline)
Result: HO cannot give visa status when a person went through appeal route.

2. Sent Letter to Presenting officers unit.
Result: No reply

3. I got the fax number for the POU from the AIT. The number is 02072391702. The AIT is actually very helpful if you ask nicely-other information i got is what happens when the AIT send your appeal of.
Result: Faxed POU-no reply, but they definetely received the fax-just set fax machine to redial as they dont 'answer' their fax machine.

4. E mailed and posted letter to HO (the one in Croydon and the AIU, Leeds)
Result:No reply yet.

Does anyone know how to get a letter for employers that states visa status?

Gururaj

Re: still waiting for the call in letter.....

Post by Gururaj » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:46 am

heman wrote:hi every1 again,

My appeal has gone through on 16th June 2009, but since then I didnt hear anything from Home office/uk border agency. Does anyone have any contact no. from where i can know what happened to my visa application pleaseeeee . Many Thanks.
Going through the same phase. Spoke to my solicitor as well and he asked me to wait and nothing could be done for now.

All I heard is the waiting time has gone up from 8 weeks to 16 weeks because of the crowd of applications after appeal process. Well it is definitely not what we expected but it is very hard to avoid this phase as well unless HO adds some extra staff to clear the backlogs.

Regards
Guru

heman

Post by heman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Many thanks everyone. Has any one complained to this address please -->

Appeals Implementation Unit
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

or

Appeal Implementation Unit
Waterside House
471 Kirkstall Road
Leeds. West Yorkshire. LS4 2QB

I got these two addresses from this website today.

ent7907
Newly Registered

Post by ent7907 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:40 pm

I found a number, maybe its useful. I think its for the AIU in Leeds: 08706067766

Gururaj

Post by Gururaj » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:26 am

ent7907 wrote:Hi, I have the same problem. Appeal approved on 24th July and still no news. Its even more urgent now that I have been offered employment and need to prove I can work. Allthough I have not had any news I can let you know what I have done:

1. Asked employment agency to call HO (Sponsorship Helpline)
Result: HO cannot give visa status when a person went through appeal route.

2. Sent Letter to Presenting officers unit.
Result: No reply

3. I got the fax number for the POU from the AIT. The number is 02072391702. The AIT is actually very helpful if you ask nicely-other information i got is what happens when the AIT send your appeal of.
Result: Faxed POU-no reply, but they definetely received the fax-just set fax machine to redial as they dont 'answer' their fax machine.

4. E mailed and posted letter to HO (the one in Croydon and the AIU, Leeds)
Result:No reply yet.

Hi
Thank you for the info. I just wanted to confirm if the fax number you have provided is right? It doesn't seem to work. Could you please look at the number again an dif it is any different could you please repost it.
Thanks
Guru

ent7907
Newly Registered

Post by ent7907 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:52 am

My fax went through on that number, so i think it is correct but I have not got a reply from them yet. Can call AIT and ask for number again-according to AIT its the ONLY way they can contact the AIU. It did take several attempts to get my fax through though. Cheers.

Gururaj

Post by Gururaj » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:56 am

ent7907 wrote:My fax went through on that number, so i think it is correct but I have not got a reply from them yet. Can call AIT and ask for number again-according to AIT its the ONLY way they can contact the AIU. It did take several attempts to get my fax through though. Cheers.

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply. I have been trying the fax number for a long time but it doesnt seem to work. It is ringing but no fax tone at all.. Shall keep trying and see.
Thanks Again
Cheers
Guru

ent7907
Newly Registered

Post by ent7907 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:17 am

I got the same problem but eventually got through-just hoping it was the right number now. Its probably a good idea to double check the number with AIT, they are quite helpful.

ent7907
Newly Registered

Post by ent7907 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am

Just realised-the home office seems to have just one number for everything. I even asked to be forwarded to AIU but ended up being forwarded to the same number (08706067766)!

ent7907
Newly Registered

Post by ent7907 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:01 pm

I just spoke to someone at the HO employee checking helpline (0300 123 4699). If anyone is wondering if they can work during an appeal or when it has been granted (BUT you dont have your passport endorsed with visa). Just call these people as they say it takes max 2 weeks for them to get info on your visa in relation to work after the appeal is approved. I asked if I am offered a job and dont have my calling in letter if I could be checked. They said yes-so theres no stopping an employer from checking your right to work with HO.They can give you some general info on working, but not much else. Oh and the waiting time is only 17 minutes on hold.

koor
Newly Registered

Post by koor » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi all,

I am also going through the same problem; appeal allowed on 24 July 2009 and I haven't yet received a Call In Letter from HO. If you know any contact number by which I could enquire about please do let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Confused123
Newly Registered

Post by Confused123 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 am

[/quote]

I did get this letter from HO,could have been just a luck but I wrote a letter to HO croydon and got reply with in a week.

I would suggest to write another letter to HO(croydon),giving your immigration history(including dates) and explain the problem that you are facing becuase of not having this letter.Make sure you send it via recorded delivery.

Try to be as polite as you can and hopefully you will get the letter that you are looking for.

heman

Post by heman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:18 pm

[quote="ent7907"]I just spoke to someone at the HO employee checking helpline (0300 123 4699). If anyone is wondering if they can work during an appeal or when it has been granted (BUT you dont have your passport endorsed with visa). Just call these people as they say it takes max 2 weeks for them to get info on your visa in relation to work after the appeal is approved. I asked if I am offered a job and dont have my calling in letter if I could be checked. They said yes-so theres no stopping an employer from checking your right to work with HO.They can give you some general info on working, but not much else. Oh and the waiting time is only 17 minutes on hold.[/quote]

Many many thanks mate, i was looking for this info for a quite long time.cheers

heman

Post by heman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:19 pm

[quote="Confused123"][quote]Does anyone know how to get a letter for employers that states visa status?
I did get this letter from HO,could have been just a luck but I wrote a letter to HO croydon and got reply with in a week.

I would suggest to write another letter to HO(croydon),giving your immigration history(including dates) and explain the problem that you are facing becuase of not having this letter.Make sure you send it via recorded delivery.

Try to be as polite as you can and hopefully you will get the letter that you are looking for.[/quote]

Many many thanks mate .cheers

Gururaj

Post by Gururaj » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:27 am

heman wrote:
Confused123 wrote:

Try to be as polite as you can and hopefully you will get the letter that you are looking for.
Many many thanks mate .cheers
Hi Guys,
I have called sent letters by recorded mail and did every possible thing. I think it is just not working. I had no response and the only thing that comes to my thoughts is 'Just keep waiting'.
Please do not take my case as a block to your trials. I wasn't just lucky, others might be .....

Cheers
Guru

feyik
Newly Registered

Post by feyik » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi guys,

Just to add my own timeframe.......

Appeal on maintenance fund won on July 7th
Determination letter received on July 9th and then the long wait for call up letter began............
Solicitor received call up letter on 1st of October

Hang in there! it will surely come :D

heman

Post by heman » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:04 am

[quote="feyik"]Hi guys,

Just to add my own timeframe.......

Appeal on maintenance fund won on July 7th
Determination letter received on July 9th and then the long wait for call up letter began............
Solicitor received call up letter on 1st of October

Hang in there! it will surely come :D[/quote]Congrat mate!!!!

I am still waiting for the letter, my appeal went through on 17th June 2009, is there anyone who is still waiting for the letter since or before 17th of June 2009 please? many thanks

heman

Post by heman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:26 pm

Finallyyyyyy, I got the letter todayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
It turned out that they sent me the letter last month, but I didnot receive it. So, when I sent them a letter, they replied back with a new call-in letter. Surprisingly, I received it today.

So every1 who is waiting for the letter, donttttttt forget to post a letter to the address before it is toooo lateeeee, believe me the HO/Border Agency read all the letters they receive. Now I have another problem, they asked me to send 4 pictures with someone's verification.
Does anyone know who(any professional ??) can sign on back of those picz please?? what does he exactly have to write on the back of the picture plz- the name and address or any comment? plz any1,help me out. cheers!

heman

Post by heman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:24 pm

I have sent my passport two weeks ago after getting the call in letter, but didnot get any acknowledgement letter, should i be worried????

heman

Post by heman » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:28 am

As the office will be closed during christmas, i was wondering when I can get my passport bak? I have sent it in 1st week of November 2009. I am going to book a flight in February 2010, by that time I'll get my passport bak right? I would appreciate if anyone shares his story of getting the passport back

vinata

Post by vinata » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:38 pm

You should get your passport back within the next 2 weeks as it normally takes up to 5 weeks to endorse a visa into the passport. So, you can buy your tickets for Feb and you should be fine by then.

heman

Post by heman » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:37 pm

in December, wow finally I'll get the visa after waiting 11 months.
I hope the visa will start from Dec or else I'll take HO to the court again!!
Many Thanks for ur help mate. Cheers