ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Restrictions after Jan 2010??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhkhan

Job Restrictions after Jan 2010??

Post by mhkhan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Dear all,

I am back on the forum after few months. Have been busy looking for the right job since Aug but still havent been lucky. I understand the UK govt. has introduced the changes for non EU job seekers which is they will only be given the jobs once the job has been advertised in the job centre for 4 weeks.

My question is does this have any significant affect on us TIer 1 holders in case we cant secure the right job by Dec 09?

Many thanks.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Job Restrictions after Jan 2010??

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 pm

As far as I understand, by non EU jobseakers they mean that if someone outside Europe and they have to invite him here on the basis of that job. You, Tier 1 holder, are already in UK and are legally allowed to work in UK, so that law is not for you. Keep trying for jobs, even jobs irrelevant to your field and with low salary, which may fetch you some expeirence and prepare you for better one. I know there are several HSMP and Tier 1 guys making very good economic progress in UK, so just keep trying. Good luck!!
mhkhan wrote:Dear all,

I am back on the forum after few months. Have been busy looking for the right job since Aug but still havent been lucky. I understand the UK govt. has introduced the changes for non EU job seekers which is they will only be given the jobs once the job has been advertised in the job centre for 4 weeks.

My question is does this have any significant affect on us TIer 1 holders in case we cant secure the right job by Dec 09?

Many thanks.

mhkhan

Re: Job Restrictions after Jan 2010??

Post by mhkhan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:17 am

mvent00. Thank you for your reply. You have cleared my doubts as I thought as much. Appreciate it.
I am positive and relisient so hopefully those two qualities will find me work if not anything else :).

Regards,

[quote="mvent00"]As far as I understand, by non EU jobseakers they mean that if someone outside Europe and they have to invite him here on the basis of that job. You, Tier 1 holder, are already in UK and are legally allowed to work in UK, so that law is not for you. Keep trying for jobs, even jobs irrelevant to your field and with low salary, which may fetch you some expeirence and prepare you for better one. I know there are several HSMP and Tier 1 guys making very good economic progress in UK, so just keep trying. Good luck!!

[quote="mhkhan"]Dear all,

I am back on the forum after few months. Have been busy looking for the right job since Aug but still havent been lucky. I understand the UK govt. has introduced the changes for [color=blue]non EU job seekers [/color]which is they will only be given the jobs once the job has been advertised in the job centre for 4 weeks.

Many thanks.[/quote][/quote]