ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query about dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golu

query about dependant visa

Post by golu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:00 am

**From my friend***

Hi,
I want to call my wife over in december and I am going to apply for her visa in next week. I wanted to know the documents I will be needing and had following doubts.
1. Proof of accomodation: I have just bought a flat, but the title deeds and other document confirming the flat ownership wont come until few months. I have a letter from solicitor confirming she has finished the purchase on my behalf, and I have council tax bill in my name, will that do ?

2. Funds: What amount of funds should I show ? I am here since 2 years. What all documents I need from my company?

3. Bank letter: Again I cant get letters from bank stating that I have maintained a certain amount of funds ( its a common problem with HSBc ) , is letter compulsory ? wont bank statements do ?

Please advise

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:04 am

is she applying for entry clearance visa ? if yes then the following check list may help

VAF10 form
TB Certificate of applicant
Main applicant bank statement 3-4 month, if possible show a good bank balance
Main applicant pay slips + job letter
P60 of ur job if possible
statuary declaration from main applicant and cover letter from your wife
Main applicant passport copy (every single page even the blank ones and all passports)
tenancy agreement + a letter from estate agent stating the condition and suitability of your current accomodation
utility bill to prove your address
marrige certificate + wedding snaps + anything else to prove your marrige

i hope it'll help but its only a guideline

golu

Post by golu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 am

we need to apply for her dependant visa..

And clearly u dint read the post properly else you wouldnt have missed the detail I have mentioned about owning a flat but not all documents coming through.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: query about dependant visa

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:22 am

golu wrote:**From my friend***

Hi,
I want to call my wife over in december and I am going to apply for her visa in next week. I wanted to know the documents I will be needing and had following doubts.
1. Proof of accomodation: I have just bought a flat, but the title deeds and other document confirming the flat ownership wont come until few months. I have a letter from solicitor confirming she has finished the purchase on my behalf, and I have council tax bill in my name, will that do ?
If you see the actual documetns requested for dependent visa by HO accomodation proof is not listed atall.. but we all want to on safe side so we furnish that.. ur lettter from the solicitor n council tax bill are good enough
2. Funds: What amount of funds should I show ? I am here since 2 years. What all documents I need from my company?
Please go through the HO Guidance for dependents..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf

Page 8 Paragraph 39
39. If the Tier 1 migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself. Plus 800 GBP for you shd also be shown at the same time

3. Bank letter: Again I cant get letters from bank stating that I have maintained a certain amount of funds ( its a common problem with HSBc ) , is letter compulsory ? wont bank statements do ?

Please advise
if your bankstatements are original than the letter thing is not required..