ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alexsh1

Travelling after naturalisation

Post by alexsh1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:13 pm

After naturalisation, I have to wait another 6 weeks for my Btirish passport.
However, the problem is that I need to travel next week.

Does anyone know if I can travel on the other passport (with ILR)?

taliska

Post by taliska » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:11 pm

if your country allows you to hold dual nationality that should be no problem but when coming back into the uk you would have to most likely go through the non EU passport line and at the immigration desk they should be able to pull up your details that you're a british citizen but just not holding the passport

abidjan1

Post by abidjan1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 pm

hi there
as you hold ILr you can use the european line when you come back.
actually a friend of mine has been told so recently by an immigration officer at gatwick. i will do that anyway next month when i will be coming back.

taliska

Post by taliska » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:19 pm

abidjan1 I hold ILR and travelled in April this year and on my return I was told by the immigration officer to go through the NON EU passport holder line when i tried to go through the British Citizen and European residents line, as it is dependent on the passport you hold when you enter not on your residence as the signs often read Passport Holders. However either way alesh1 should be able to travel without a British passport

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:31 am

Thank you guys!
This is no problem for me to travel on non-British passport and going through non-EU corridor.
My only concern was that I do not want to be stopped at the border due to being a British citizen, but travelling on the non-British passport. I hope I am not gonna have any problems with the Border Agency

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:34 am

As most of you know, it takes around 6 weeks + post office delays to get the first British passport. The problem is that I have to travel next week and only recently applied for the passport.