ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayed and want to return back to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JavedAhmed
Newly Registered

Overstayed and want to return back to UK

Post by JavedAhmed » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Dear All,

I overstayed my UK visitor visa back in year 2006. My visitior visa was for 6 months from 1st March 2006- 1st September 2006. But I came back on 1st Feburuary 2007. I was not deported. Now I want to return back to UK on Tier 1 Visa(General). Also I lost the passport that had my visa stamp(1st March 2006- 1st September 2006) while I was in UK .I came back to my home country on temporary Travel Document issued by my embassy. Now the question is that whether the UK immigration authorities will know that I overstayed in UK. Will I be allowed to come back to UK under Tier 1 Visa(General).

cheers,
Javed Ahmed

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:36 pm

IT is rude to say no

but to help u will really misusing this web facility

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:IT is rude to say no

but to help u will really misusing this web facility
Heh??? :?

alexsh1

Post by alexsh1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 pm

The problem is UK authorities know more than you can imagine.
So always try to play smart and assume that they know you overstayed.

Now, had you overstayed by 1-2 days due to xx problems, it would have been ok. How can you explain that you overstayed in the country for 6 months? This would be treated by the Authorities as an abuse. Again this is my personal view.