ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LATEST APPLICATION FORM from October 01, 2009

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

LATEST APPLICATION FORM from October 01, 2009

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:45 pm

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks mvent00. I was about to send my form today afternoon.

Wonder what would happen to poor people who applied today and did not know about this new form.

I am really annoyed though as I have to now fill a brand new form. I had put this form through a thorough QA round:).

Cheers

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Yes, it is annoying, but as PUSH always says, "It is better to be safe than sorry".
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks mvent00. I was about to send my form today afternoon.

Wonder what would happen to poor people who applied today and did not know about this new form.

I am really annoyed though as I have to now fill a brand new form. I had put this form through a thorough QA round:).

Cheers
Last edited by mvent00 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Yeah, no option but to slog a little more now.

Couple of questions though:

1) I do not see any changes in the form, if someone knows more about exactly what is different, it might help people like me re-use their earlier forms.

2) Has the PBS dependant form changed as well?

3) The form says we need the new guidance as well, but I cannot find the new guidance on the UKBA site. Any pointers?

Regards

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:41 pm

The changes do not look relevant to people on HSMP applying for Tier1:

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2009-09- ... r-2009.htm

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:59 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Yeah, no option but to slog a little more now.

Couple of questions though:

1) I do not see any changes in the form, if someone knows more about exactly what is different, it might help people like me re-use their earlier forms.

I did not read it completely, if you did, please share your views.

2) Has the PBS dependant form changed as well?

I think it is the same. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cation.pdf

3) The form says we need the new guidance as well, but I cannot find the new guidance on the UKBA site. Any pointers?

It is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf

Regards

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:47 pm

I did not read it completely, if you did, please share your views.

I am dabbling with some pdf diff tools to find the exact differences. Havent found anything substantial as of now apart from form version date changes.

I think it is the same. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cation.pdf

This form was updated in August and looks like the one I have filled. I was wonderting if they came up with a new form for PBS dependants 2-3 days back.

It is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf

Same with the guidance, it looks like the earlier guidance.

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:18 pm

I spotted the change: they corrected the typo that said Sec 3C started on page 46. It still starts on page 47, as it did in the form that came out in April!

I was going to send my April-version application tomorrow morning. I'm so glad I decided to check Immigrationboards first. Thanks, guys!

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:47 pm

So effectively we should be able to use all the form with only the page with this typo replaced, correct?

I will find out more about whats different and post it on the group soon.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:52 pm

You should not be doing so!!! At the bottom of every page it is written: Tier 1 (General) Application Form (version 10/09) . Is it same? I do not know about it as I filled online application form. Please check it out. Furthermore, one page is reduced in guidance for Tier 1. Before it was 45 pages, and now it is 44.
It should be better to print out and fill the new form.
InUkOnHsmp wrote:So effectively we should be able to use all the form with only the page with this typo replaced, correct?

I will find out more about whats different and post it on the group soon.
Last edited by mvent00 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Guys please fill in the new form and dont give any change to case worker to reject or ask you to resend the form, it has happened with some of my friends. so no harm to spend an hour more and fill in the new form

kashvishree
Newly Registered

Post by kashvishree » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:41 pm

I found 2 new changes in the new version
1. Section c
starts on page :46 (corrected in new version to page 47)

2.Northern ireland
if no go to part c(corrected in new version to employment related question: job title,employment type,etc)

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:59 pm

I think there is no change in dependents form.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:52 am

As mentioned above by InUkOnHsmp with reference to this link http://www.workpermit.com/news/2009-09- ... r-2009.htm students should be careful for previous earning section. It is the prominent change in revised system.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 am

just printed out new form. not being environment friendly here. 73 printed twice for old form and now new :oops:

oceanboy_99
Newly Registered

Post by oceanboy_99 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Wow ok I was lucky enough not to be shot by my case worker when I applied in-person yesterday (Oct 1st) using the old Tier 1 General application form.

I was not aware of the new one and the case worker did not mention anything about it.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:00 pm

That is why they say, "Sometimes ignorance is a blessing too". But did you get extension already? I mean would it be a trouble later or not?
oceanboy_99 wrote:Wow ok I was lucky enough not to be shot by my case worker when I applied in-person yesterday (Oct 1st) using the old Tier 1 General application form.

I was not aware of the new one and the case worker did not mention anything about it.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:30 pm

The most important change in the form is that 'Students can not claim for previous earnings'. So effectively all the students are automatically disqualified.

I need to know something, will be thankful if someone could answer:

Is this change sudden or it was announced earlier?

Is there any announcement on UKBA website about this change? Usually they do announce on their website about any such change?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 pm

You cannot say so, imagine a 28 year old PhD holder will get straight 20 (age) + 50 (education) points, he would be just needing 5 more points in attributes section, or imagine a Qualifying MBA under the transitional arrangements will get straight 75 points. Isn't it? :?:
rizwan567 wrote:The most important change in the form is that 'Students can not claim for previous earnings'. So effectively all the students are automatically disqualified.

Is there any announcement on UKBA website about this change? Usually they do announce on their website about any such change?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks for correction. Yes, I must admit you are right.

I am still looking for answer of below questions:

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:26 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Thanks for correction. Yes, I must admit you are right.

They usually update the forms and rules at similar times each year, they inform that rules will change but never inform in advance what the new rules will be.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:27 pm

mvent00 wrote:You cannot say so, imagine a 28 year old PhD holder will get straight 20 (age) + 50 (education) points, he would be just needing 5 more points in attributes section, or imagine a Qualifying MBA under the transitional arrangements will get straight 75 points. Isn't it? :?:
Under 28 PhD holder from UK university :lol:
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:38 pm

I think it is not a big deal, I got mine when I was 29 :o , and I missed one year before for another educational program. Depends how thing go in your PhD, if you have good results in your project you can get in less than three years too. :lol:
cheshiregoan wrote:
mvent00 wrote:You cannot say so, imagine a 28 year old PhD holder will get straight 20 (age) + 50 (education) points, he would be just needing 5 more points in attributes section, or imagine a Qualifying MBA under the transitional arrangements will get straight 75 points. Isn't it? :?:
Under 28 PhD holder from UK university :lol:

scorpion
Newly Registered

Post by scorpion » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:36 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Thanks for correction. Yes, I must admit you are right.

The link below was posted at ukresident.com immigration forum on 22nd september

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/working_after.php

What's changing on 1 October 2009?

The eligibility rules for Tier 1 (General) will also change.
You will no longer be able to rely on earnings made in work you undertook in the 15-month period before your studies. Like other applicants, you will have to show that you have enough points from any earnings you made over a 12-month period in the 15 months immediately before your Tier 1 (General) application. If your application is decided on or after 1 October, this requirement will be applied to it, even if you made your application before 1 October. If this means you do not have enough points to qualify under Tier 1 (General), you should think about whether you can apply under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) or Tier 2 instead.
*****************************************************************************************

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:11 am

Yes, it feels strange that UKBA did not announce about it. This is not a simple change. I mean what if someone unaware of it, that policy is changing on October 01, 2009 for students with regard to previous earning section, submitted application according to previous rules. I did not see any news about it, except on workpermit.com and the other link posted above. It should have been announced louder and clear.
rizwan567 wrote:The most important change in the form is that 'Students can not claim for previous earnings'. So effectively all the students are automatically disqualified.