ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from HSMP to tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pranjam

switching from HSMP to tier 2

Post by pranjam » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi,

I got a HSMP visa in Mar 2008 and have been living in UK since. I have to get it extended on or before march 2010. Unfortunately I was forced to leave my job and consequently I am falling short of the required sum of money to earn enough points by 5k approx. I have got a job now but on my current salary I would not be able to earn enough points to get an extension.

I need some advice

Although my new company has a CoS but the job I am doing is not on the occupation shortage list neither does it meet the resident market labour test.

Since I am already living in UK will these rules be applicable to me for switching to Tier 2 . Do I get any points for switching from HSMP to Tier 2. I would have been working for more than 6 months with my employer at the time of applying for an extension does that give me any points?

Any advice will be really appreciated.