ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary for Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

houman1979
BANNED

Salary for Tier 1

Post by houman1979 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:06 am

Hi everybody,

I am going to apply for Tier 1 General from Iran. According to guidance my salary should be 10000GBP in order to qualify. But I have two questions:

1-Which salary they consider? I mean they consider pre-tax salary or gross salary? I iran so many things deducted in addition to tax from salary (such as insurance). Then, which figure should I consider in my calculation?

2-They need another document such as bank statement to match my payslip or company letter. But in bank statement only the net pay shown. Then, they match the net pay in payslip by bank statement?

Best Rergards

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Salary for Tier 1

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:47 am

houman1979 wrote:Hi everybody,

I am going to apply for Tier 1 General from Iran. According to guidance my salary should be 10000GBP in order to qualify. But I have two questions:

1-Which salary they consider? I mean they consider pre-tax salary or gross salary? I iran so many things deducted in addition to tax from salary (such as insurance). Then, which figure should I consider in my calculation?
They will consider the Gross Salary. You should have a payslip which clearly shows the Gross and Net salaries or a letter from employer giving the breakup for consecutive 12 months in a 15 month period prior to the date of application.
2-They need another document such as bank statement to match my payslip or company letter. But in bank statement only the net pay shown. Then, they match the net pay in payslip by bank statement?

Best Rergards
Yes, this is correct as HO requires evidence from two different sources. Here the amount being credit in your bank account should tally with the Net Salary in your payslip / employer letter.
Regards,
crowbar6

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:12 am

Thank you very much for your help. My other question is that:
1-some part of my earning is paid to another bank account and is paid every 3-4 month as aid in buying your daily needs (grocery, cloth). If it is mentioned in company's letter that this money is part of salary package, it will be acceptable?

Best Regards

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:48 am

houman1979 wrote:Thank you very much for your help. My other question is that:
1-some part of my earning is paid to another bank account and is paid every 3-4 month as aid in buying your daily needs (grocery, cloth). If it is mentioned in company's letter that this money is part of salary package, it will be acceptable?

Best Regards
See this link on Page 22:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf

It states that:
121. Earnings may include, among other things:

• allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;
However,
122. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:

• expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
So basically if this additional allowance is a fixed allowance you receive every 3-4 months then it is acceptable, but if you only receive whatever amount you claim for then it is not acceptable.

If it is the former, then if you can get a letter from your employer confirming that this allowance forms part of your salary package, then it will be accepted.[/quote]
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:48 pm

houman1979 wrote:Thank you very much for your help. My other question is that:

Best Regards
Yes, it's fine. Make sure these are recorded in company's letter or payslip and the total amounts deposited in both bank accounts add up to the net amounts as per company's letter or payslip.
Regards,
crowbar6