ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EBS

Post by EBS » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:22 pm

HSE wrote: congratulations EBS,

would you mind telling us about ur documentation three times with INIS as usually its one soft correspondence that what did they three different times.i was asked in june 08 and thats it. cheers mate
Thanks everybody, i got appointment in the Court on 21 Oct 09.

I also read horrible stories about CERT waiting time, of 2 mths, is it true?
Last edited by EBS on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crown

Post by crown » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:10 pm

EBS wrote:
HSE wrote: congratulations EBS,

Congrats EBS and HSE
I am 2006 and still waiting
Crown

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:43 am

A friend of mine got approval a week ago. Applied Dec 2006.
Another one as well, applied Aug 2007.
All simple cases.
Any other approvals from Aug-Nov 2007 ?

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:24 pm

I don't see any sign of HSE being approved. Better read his post again.

afaq007
Newly Registered

Post by afaq007 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:14 pm

HI ALL
I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT I AM READING ALL YOUR POSTS SINCE LAST TWO YEARS. IAPPLIED IN NOV 07 AND LAST WEEK I RANG INIS FOR THE UPDATE OF MY APPLICATION A LADY TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE WAITING FOR OUTSIDE AGENCIES REPORT TO COME AND WHEN IASK WHICH OUTSIDE AGENCIES SHE SAID SHE CANT SAY ANYTHING AND SHE SAID MY APPLICATION DID NOT COMPLETE 30 MONTH TIME LINE SO WHAT EVER WILL HAPPEN WILL BE AFTER THAT 30 MONTH THEY DID NOT ASK ME FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS. MY QUESTION IS THAT AT WHAT STAGE THEY ASK FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS IS IT AFTER THE REPORT FOR OUTSIDE AGENCIES LIKE SOCIAL GARDA AND REVENUE CHECKS ALL OF YOUR REPLIES WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED THANK YOU AGAIN GUYS....... :D

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:33 am

EBS wrote: Thanks everybody, i got appointment in the Court on 21 Oct 09.

Congratulations EBS!! It's great that you got a court appointment for this month! I had to wait 3.5 months for my court declaration. :(

Well, next week will be week 4 for me. I really hope the cert arrives this week. From what I've read it takes 4 to 6 weeks to issue...

Good luck!
LP

aditya1111
Newly Registered

GAP IN STAMPS

Post by aditya1111 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Dear all,
As i applied for my naturalisation in last oct 08 straight after completing my 5 years on work permit, my permits were continous from 03- 04 -05 and so on but 2 times my visa expires on 15 oct but due to delay in getting new renewed work permit i went to get the stamp in dec and jan for the next year so for example i meant to stay in ireland untill 15 oct 2005 and i get renewed work permit 10 dec 2005, and i went to GNIB to take stamp on 15 dec 2005 and i get stamp untill 15 dec 2006 so the time from 15 oct 2005 untill 15 dec 2005 for 2 months should not be conunted. if this is true i have sent my application b4e 60 months and they have accepted the application and nealy one year is gone i want to ask will this be negative affect on my application and what it could be i have to wait till i get the decision and if its rejected i have to make a new application from start pls help me with this situation.
cheers

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Documentation for Naturalization application

Post by Aceform » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:16 am

Hi,

I don't think your student visa status counts. You need to have completed 5 years stay to apply for Naturalisation (which excludes student stay)

Regards,
Ace

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:17 am

HamzaCork wrote:Hi Guys,

Firstly i am not sure whether i have hit the right place but i hope somebody will help me ,I am new to this forum ,can any one of you please guide me, currently i am on a working visa , and will be applying for the naturalization at the END of this year.
can anyone please guide me with all what are the documentations required for the naturalization application, although i know there is eveything mentioned on the website.

How many P60's are required , do i have to provide 5 years P60's i.e (when then time i got the working visa) previously i have spend 2 years on a student visa, so do i have to provide the P60's for that period as well.

It is mentioned on the application form your date of arrival in the country (do i have to mention the date when i got my working visa, or do i have to mention the date i literally for the very very first time i arrived in Ireland)

Long Form Birth Certificate (not a clue , i know there is form on the INIS website , but what's the procedure i have to follow

If somebidy please guide me alongas i will really appreciate your help

And one thing more should i apply through a solicitor or apply by myself.

Thanks
Hi,

I don't think your student visa status counts. You need to have completed 5 years stay to apply for Naturalisation (which excludes student stay)

Regards,
Ace

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: GAP IN STAMPS

Post by Aceform » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 am

aditya1111 wrote:Dear all,
As i applied for my naturalisation in last oct 08 straight after completing my 5 years on work permit, my permits were continous from 03- 04 -05 and so on but 2 times my visa expires on 15 oct but due to delay in getting new renewed work permit i went to get the stamp in dec and jan for the next year so for example i meant to stay in ireland untill 15 oct 2005 and i get renewed work permit 10 dec 2005, and i went to GNIB to take stamp on 15 dec 2005 and i get stamp untill 15 dec 2006 so the time from 15 oct 2005 untill 15 dec 2005 for 2 months should not be conunted. if this is true i have sent my application b4e 60 months and they have accepted the application and nealy one year is gone i want to ask will this be negative affect on my application and what it could be i have to wait till i get the decision and if its rejected i have to make a new application from start pls help me with this situation.
cheers
Hi Adi,

If they have acknowldged your application with a reference number, I guess that will be fine.

Regards,
Ace

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: GAP IN STAMPS

Post by Aceform » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 am

aditya1111 wrote:Dear all,
cheers
Hi Adi,

If they have acknowldged your application with a reference number, I guess that will be fine.

Regards,
Ace

mazar

as immigration process and office works,

Post by mazar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:09 pm

list of the most bad poor system including immigration process and office work.top of the list,rep of Ireland,SMALIA & MANGOLIA,,

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: as immigration process and office works,

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:10 pm

mazar wrote:SMALIA & MANGOLIA,,
Are you inventing countries now?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:18 pm

mazar wrote:list of the most bad poor system including immigration process and office work.top of the list,rep of Ireland,SMALIA & MANGOLIA,,
Come on. Does this site have no moderators?????

HSE

Post by HSE » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:30 pm

HSE wrote:

congratulations EBS,

Congrats EBS and HSE
Crown

Hi Crown

i didnt get the naturalisation my friend YET :)) it was EBS i was congratulating about. Lost soul was right!!

mad

Post by mad » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi HSE,

I am disappointed to hear that u didn't get your approval yet and are still waiting. I had misread your earlier post and assumed you had been succesful. I wish you the very best of luck in all sincerity and hope your long wait is over soon.

Good luck all

Mad

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:04 pm

HSE wrote:HSE wrote:

congratulations EBS,

Congrats EBS and HSE
Crown

Hi Crown

i didnt get the naturalisation my friend YET :)) it was EBS i was congratulating about. Lost soul was right!!
Apologies HSE. I am one of those who misread your post as well. Look at this this way. The voice of man is the voice of God as they say. So the congratulations might stil be in order after all :) . In any case good luck and pls keep us posted
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:41 pm

mazar wrote:list of the most bad poor system including immigration process and office work.top of the list,rep of Ireland,SMALIA & MANGOLIA,,
If this guy doesnt get banned from this site then it loses all credibility.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:18 pm

some bad news. for those who use to be able to go to court yo seek mandamus order (force minister to stop delaying) after 1 1/2 years as in the case of Edwards J KM 2007 IEHC 234, the following case, which may stop people seeking an early decision unless they can show that they are seriously prejudice in relation to failure to get citizenship application considered within 1 1/2 years

N v MJELR
http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/0985 ... enDocument

cool_ire
Newly Registered

Got Request for additional documents in hand after 5 months

Post by cool_ire » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 am

Dear All,

I applied for Naturalisation based on 5 years countinues work/ IBC status in Oct 2007.

I was in India since Aug this year for a long vaction and have comeback last week.

I got the Request for additional documents from Naturalization section in my hand after 5 months. The letter was posted in April 2009 and somehow it got dropped in wrong address. Now since the gentleman/ lady from that address was good he/she dropped it into my postbox I dont know when? may be during my absence. I am not sure why it was not dropped in april but now?

My question here is since the letter was asking for the P21, Most recent payslips and Bank Stmt and it is mentioned in the letter that my application will be processed further only after receiving the requested documents. Shall I send them the requested payslips and Bank stmt from Say Jan 2009 till Sep 2009 or do I have to send them current 3 months details only? Also Do you think I need to mention in a cover letter the above reason for delay in sending the requested documents to them?

Appreciate you kind advices and guidence in this matter.

Regards
AK.

crown

Post by crown » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 am

Aceform wrote:
HamzaCork wrote:Hi Guys,

Firstly i am not sure whether i have hit the right place but i hope somebody will help me ,I am new to this forum ,can any one of you please guide me, currently i am on a working visa , and will be applying for the naturalization at the END of this year.
can anyone please guide me with all what are the documentations required for the naturalization application, although i know there is eveything mentioned on the website.

How many P60's are required , do i have to provide 5 years P60's i.e (when then time i got the working visa) previously i have spend 2 years on a student visa, so do i have to provide the P60's for that period as well.

It is mentioned on the application form your date of arrival in the country (do i have to mention the date when i got my working visa, or do i have to mention the date i literally for the very very first time i arrived in Ireland)

Long Form Birth Certificate (not a clue , i know there is form on the INIS website , but what's the procedure i have to follow

If somebidy please guide me alongas i will really appreciate your help

And one thing more should i apply through a solicitor or apply by myself.

Thanks
Hi,

Regards,
Ace
I dont think your studentship counts. It is written somewhere that student times excluded. I cannot remember where now. For the fact that they have given you a reference no does not mean they will attend to you. I know someone whose file was sent back after a year because he was said to have only spent 4 years when he sent his application. By the time the application was sent back he was a month short of 5 years
But you could scale luckily since it looks like there is presently no organisation in that office
Good luck
Crown

crown

Post by crown » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:01 am

walrusgumble wrote:some bad news. for those who use to be able to go to court yo seek mandamus order (force minister to stop delaying) after 1 1/2 years as in the case of Edwards J KM 2007 IEHC 234, the following case, which may stop people seeking an early decision unless they can show that they are seriously prejudice in relation to failure to get citizenship application considered within 1 1/2 years

N v MJELR
Please could you help explain. Too much legal stuff and I dont understand. Does this mean the courts can help or what?
Thanks in advance
Crown

TRV

Post by TRV » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 am

cool_ire,
send in only last three months payslip, bank statement if you have not already told them that you will be out of ireland for months. you can also update change of address as well at teh same time.

if do not told them already that you are out of country for months, then no reason why you should telll them now.

good luck.

apprentice
Newly Registered

Post by apprentice » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:09 pm

..... edited...

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 pm

walrusgumble

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some bad news. for those who use to be able to go to court yo seek mandamus order (force minister to stop delaying) after 1 1/2 years as in the case of Edwards J KM 2007 IEHC 234, the following case, which may stop people seeking an early decision unless they can show that they are seriously prejudice in relation to failure to get citizenship application considered within 1 1/2 years

N v MJELR
I'll give it a try and I am open for corrections.
As far as I understand, the applicant Pakistani national who arrived in Ireland as a student, then got a w/p and married an irish national, applied for naturalisation in 2007 on the basis of being a spouse of irish national. however, he wasn't happy with the long delays and issued JR proceedings agains the minister for justice (mandamus) to have his application processed ahead of everyone. in the meantime, he got naturalised but the court procedings went ahead as they weren't cancelled (as far as i understand). the applicant lost his case for mandamus, as he couldn't prove that there was prejudice against him, he didn't provide any special circumstances (the only one presented was that he couldn't vote) or that he was more special than anyone else in the queue for naturalisation to have his application processed ahead of everyone else.
the judge concluded that the minister cannot be limited by the time needed to consider applications for naturalisation and cannot be pressed to make urgent decisions.
the applicant got on easily, as he didnt have to cover the costs for the minister, but the judge pointed out that any subsequent unsuccessful mandamus application would have to pay their own costs and the costs for the dep. of justice.
not sure how much the costs are, but i would imagine it would be in tens thousands of euros...

that would be my interpretation of the read document, however, I am open to corrections from the legal profesionals.