ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did you get your visa letter back?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anglophile
Newly Registered

Did you get your visa letter back?

Post by anglophile » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 pm

I have just received my Tier 4 visa, but the BHC did not return my visa letter with my passport. I am concerned because the copy I have states that I must keep the letter and bring it with me to the UK.

Would it be enough for me to present this copy, if I am asked to produce the visa letter upon arrival? Is it a standard procedure for the BHC not to return this letter to the applicant?

Regards,

alimansoor

Re: Did you get your visa letter back?

Post by alimansoor » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:42 am

anglophile wrote:I have just received my Tier 4 visa, but the BHC did not return my visa letter with my passport. I am concerned because the copy I have states that I must keep the letter and bring it with me to the UK.

Would it be enough for me to present this copy, if I am asked to produce the visa letter upon arrival? Is it a standard procedure for the BHC not to return this letter to the applicant?

Regards,
Hi,

No worries, College and course details are mentioned in your Visa, so if you have copy of Visa Letter then you can show it on arrival if needed, also you can tell immigration officer that they didn't give back my visa letter, and in many cases I heard that they didn't give back Visa Letter. Thats all.

Best Regards,

--
Ali

anglophile
Newly Registered

Post by anglophile » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:18 pm

alimansoor wrote: Hi,

No worries, College and course details are mentioned in your Visa, so if you have copy of Visa Letter then you can show it on arrival if needed, also you can tell immigration officer that they didn't give back my visa letter, and in many cases I heard that they didn't give back Visa Letter. Thats all.

Best Regards,

--
Ali
Thanks for your reply, my friend. My main concern in my case is that my visa letter is also my proof of funding. I am going to the UK because I was granted a studentship by the University that covers my fees and provides a stipend for expenses. Do you think that the copy of my letter is still enough or should I ask the university to send another letter for arrival purposes?

Regards,

alimansoor

Post by alimansoor » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:46 pm

anglophile wrote:
alimansoor wrote: Hi,

Best Regards,

--
Ali
Thanks for your reply, my friend. My main concern in my case is that my visa letter is also my proof of funding. I am going to the UK because I was granted a studentship by the University that covers my fees and provides a stipend for expenses. Do you think that the copy of my letter is still enough or should I ask the university to send another letter for arrival purposes?

Regards,
Yes its better to call them and ask them for the copy of Visa letter, they will guide you more better.

Regards,

--
Ali