ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What can I do holding the Tier 1 (general) visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abccba
Newly Registered

What can I do holding the Tier 1 (general) visa?

Post by abccba » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:42 pm

I know that tier 1 holders have the right to work. But I not sure whether the holders can take a full time courses? for instance, PhD degree. Could anyone know something about this?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: What can I do holding the Tier 1 (general) visa?

Post by mvent00 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:01 am

Yes, you can, but, if you study, you might not be able to extend it as a Tier 1.
abccba wrote:I know that tier 1 holders have the right to work. But I not sure whether the holders can take a full time courses? for instance, PhD degree. Could anyone know something about this?

abccba
Newly Registered

Post by abccba » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:03 am

Thanks for your reply.
So the years holding Tier 1 are all counted into the residence years which will allow you to get ILR after 5 years? whatever you are a student or a worker?
I think scholarship can request the earning score. There are still some possibility to extend the visa. :-)

mvent00 wrote:Yes, you can, but, if you study, you might not be able to extend it as a Tier 1.
abccba wrote:I know that tier 1 holders have the right to work. But I not sure whether the holders can take a full time courses? for instance, PhD degree. Could anyone know something about this?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:25 am

abccba wrote: I think scholarship can request the earning score. There are still some possibility to extend the visa. :-)
Could you elaborate on what you mean by the above statement?
Regards,
crowbar6

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:38 am

abccba wrote:Thanks for your reply.
So the years holding Tier 1 are all counted into the residence years which will allow you to get ILR after 5 years? whatever you are a student or a worker?
I think scholarship can request the earning score. There are still some possibility to extend the visa. :-)
Yes you can study during your Tier 1 years but if you fail to show the relevant level of earnings (note - scholarship does not count), then you will not be able to extend Tier 1.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

abccba
Newly Registered

Post by abccba » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:46 pm

So how to determine what kind of income counts the earning?

cheshiregoan wrote:
abccba wrote:Thanks for your reply.
Yes you can study during your Tier 1 years but if you fail to show the relevant level of earnings (note - scholarship does not count), then you will not be able to extend Tier 1.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:03 pm

abccba wrote:So how to determine what kind of income counts the earning?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf

See page 22 and 23 of this link. On page 23 it clearly says that sponsorship for periods of study does not count.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

abccba
Newly Registered

Post by abccba » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks. I got it!

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:57 am

My understanding is that Instead of fulltime study you can do a partime study and work full time. So you can prove that you are economically active and you get a degree too. is this a good option?