ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Indefinite leave to remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rng1234
Newly Registered

Application for Indefinite leave to remain

Post by rng1234 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi everyone - I am new to this forum and was wondering if you all could help.

I will be applying for indefinite leave to remain next year and needed some information about the application process.

1) I started working in the UK in January 2005 but my work permit took a few months to process so the expiration date on my leave to remain visa is April 2010. So does that mean my 5 years are completed in January 2010 or April 2010?

2) My employer is willing to make the ILR application on my behalf - is it better to apply through my employer (which I assume is a postal application) or is it better to apply in person through the same day service?

3) What other documentation is required for the ILR application?

4) How much money is reasonable to have in my accounts prior to applying. Currently I don't have a lot of savings and I was wondering if there is some amount that should be shown in your bank account. I understand that there is no minimum requirement but I wanted to hear peoples experience of this?

5) I am currently renting a flat - what evidence do I need to show for this?

6) And lastly - I know there have been recent changes in legislation - do any of these impact the ILR application?

Many thanks for your help!!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:52 pm

I started working in the UK in January 2005 but my work permit took a few months to process so the expiration date on my leave to remain visa is April 2010.
In order to permit anyone to answer your questions, can you say what was your UK immigration status from January to April 2005? Indeed, what is your UK immigration history, prior to April 2005?
John

taliska

Post by taliska » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:08 pm

You should put anything which you think may help your applicatio, so for e.g you tenancy agreement, wage slips(on the form or guidance will say how many months of these), last P60, bank statements, written references from employer stating you will be continued to be employed in your job, work permit, Life in the UK test pass certificate etc... There is no particular amount needed on bank statements but but showing an ability to support yourself and any dependents is good. Like John said you need to also give more info. The New rules from what I have read will be coming into effect in April 2011. So if you apply for ILR in April 2010 youmay most likely still be under the current rules. You need to give more details of your situation/immigration status

ash20

Post by ash20 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 pm

5 years will be counted from the date your FLR was stamped on your passport. You should see on your FLR stamp ( on passport) when it was issued .. January or April?

rng1234
Newly Registered

Post by rng1234 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:04 am

Hi everyone - I was a student prior to January 2005 and I started my job in January 2005 when my employer sent my work permit application to be processed.

My visa is stampted April 2010.

ash20

Post by ash20 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 pm

rng1234 wrote:Hi everyone - I was a student prior to January 2005 and I started my job in January 2005 when my employer sent my work permit application to be processed.

My visa is stampted April 2010.
I meant when your FLR was issued? not till what date FLR is valid?
Was it Jan 2005 or April 2005 ?
WP + Tier 1 = 2004-2009 , ILR Success : Sept' 09
British Citizen : Dec ' 10