ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

splitz
Newly Registered

Post by splitz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:03 pm

at last some progress !!!!
recieved the letter today requesting additional info, how long after I have sent this off ?????
Application made in February, and sent them 4 complaint letters, all of them the same but just changed letter of complaint number,all complaints via email, lets see how long, will probably send all the info this saturday.

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 am

Greate news! Hopefully you'll receive it soon!

bumpe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

That call

Post by bumpe » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Thanks i have received my residence card.
Brief history.

Nationality - African
Married to a German
Came to UK in Jan 2008
Applied for residence card in March 2008
Received COA in April 2008
Residence permit issued September 2009
Total duration 19 Months.
Third parties involved Solicitor
HO communication poor in 2008 better in 2009.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

ONE DAY, WILL BE YOUR DAY TO POST A SMILE :D
Last edited by bumpe on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goodkarma
Newly Registered

Eea

Post by Goodkarma » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Everybody,
I applied for eea2 in Sept. 2008 and received COA one month after. Last week, i found a royal mail note with my mail and it said that i should go and collect a recorded mail (letter) from their delivery office, but when i went to collect, i was informed that it had been returned to the sender.
I called HO and i was told that they had made a decision on my application, but the person who answered the phone could not say what the decision is. So am asking anybody who has received their eea2 permit, when HO requests for further inform do they send a recorded mail or is it just the passport?
Kind regards,
Goodkarma

splitz
Newly Registered

Re: That call

Post by splitz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:53 pm

bumpe wrote:Thanks i have received my residence card.
Brief history.

Nationality - African
Married to a German
Came to UK in Jan 2008
Applied for residence card in March 2008
Received COA in April 2008
Residence permit issued September 2009
Total duration 19 Months.
Third parties involved Solvic and Solicitor
HO communication poor in 2008 better in 2009.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

ONE DAY, WILL BE YOUR DAY TO POST A SMILE :D

Wow almost same as me, except waiting times:
Brief history.

Nationality - South African - Wife
Married to a German - me
Came to UK in Feb 2009
Applied for residence card in Feb 2009,day after wife landed
Received COA in April 2009
Additional info required letter recieved September 2009
Total duration 7 Months.
Third parties involved None, few complaint letters via email, to liverpool and croydon.
Sending of aditional info will be on monday, will keep track of how long after that.
We requested our passports back for travel reasons(did not get to go traveling) and when we recieved them we recieved a letter stating that once our application is in processing they would require the passports back, and on that letter was a name and department adress, so thats where all our compliants went to and that person, so maybe that helped as we then had a name to send complaints to, not just any random person sitting on a desk,so the same person recieved all our complaints

They would definitaly send passports and your documents via signed/tracked for mail, the normal letters ie. aditional info they will send by normal post,

Hope we get it soon.

kuka

Post by kuka » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm

So happy for you guys!!!

I'm still waiting, posted another two complaints last week, one via e-mail another via post. Hopefully, will get some sort of answer!

splitz
Newly Registered

Post by splitz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Sent the aditional info (6 months wage slips) off today.will keep track and let you guys know.

How long have you been waiting KUKA,?? send letters to the Croyden adress aswell,
as mentioned before I think because we recieved a name linked to our case that made it a bit quicker as all letters were passed on to this person, (well it was adressed to this person, so I would imagine it being passed on)

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 am

WE GOT HIM!!!!
Finally.

Our story:
- Applied in Dec08 but did not send any supporting documents,
- Received COA in Feb09.
- Waited until end of May (end of the 6 month period) and sent a reminder that HO was about to breach the 6 month period
- No reply so sent a formal complaint to HO and European Committee 1 day after breach of 6 month period
- Two weeks later received request for supporting documents to be submitted within 21 days. However we were going on hols in July and August so called, emailed and wrote to tell HO that we were to submit in Sept. In July my wife got a new EEAFP, in September we returned from hols, submitted our supporting documents on 15 September and finally on 28 September we got the EEA2!!!

Finally released from the waiting and frustrations.

One question remains: My wife's passport will expire in 2011, will we then need to submit an entirely new application and wait for another 6 months in 2011?

kuka

Post by kuka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm

splitz wrote:Sent the aditional info (6 months wage slips) off today.will keep track and let you guys know.

How long have you been waiting KUKA,?? send letters to the Croyden adress aswell,
as mentioned before I think because we recieved a name linked to our case that made it a bit quicker as all letters were passed on to this person, (well it was adressed to this person, so I would imagine it being passed on)
We've applied in the end of October 2008 and received COA in the beginning of November 2008. In July 2009 I've sent complaint to HO via e-mail, and shortly received a letter informing that our case waiting for case worker allocation and since then nothing at all, I've posted a few more complaints last week to Liverpool, so I'm still waiting for any some sort of reply. Really frustrated of waiting...

kuka

Post by kuka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Gerkema congrats! another successful story! well done!

kuka

Post by kuka » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:14 pm

Just e-mailed another complaint to 'UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk'
and that what I've received as an aouto reply:

We are unable to respond to enquiries about current applications by e-mail for data protection reasons. UK Border Agency will contact you if further information is required to complete your application and/or when a decision has been made.

The time taken to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it. There is currently a backlog of applications, and we are taking steps to address this situation as soon as possible. We aim to be operating back within our service standards from the beginning of December 2009!!!!!

So, does it mean that hoepfully soon all our problems will be resolved, doubt it!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:22 pm

Gerkema wrote:One question remains: My wife's passport will expire in 2011, will we then need to submit an entirely new application and wait for another 6 months in 2011?
YUP! It will be back to square one, the whole process all over again, if you want the RC to be endorsed in her new passport! Otherwise, if you don't want to go through the hassle, she can travel with both passports! It's not a problem. It's the passport that will have expired, not the RC itself.

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Rozen wrote:YUP! It will be back to square one, the whole process all over again, if you want the RC to be endorsed in her new passport! Otherwise, if you don't want to go through the hassle, she can travel with both passports! It's not a problem. It's the passport that will have expired, not the RC itself.
Thanks. We'll try the latter then. If the Russian embassy will not punch 3 holes through her old passport that is. The Dutch did so when I applied for a new passport. Or could we carefully try to remove the EEA2 from the old passport and attach it in the new one? Naahhh probably looks like fraud then...

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:31 am

still waiting 17 months now. submitted since April 2008

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:36 am

called and they said still with case worker i wounder if d case workers are MI5 or Secret service dat it takes so long

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:51 am

edwards79 wrote:called and they said still with case worker i wounder if d case workers are MI5 or Secret service dat it takes so long
Yeap, that's exactly what they saying to me every time I call them :) I bet to everyone else as well!

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi eveyone,
I`m new here.Can anyone tell me that once the EEA2 Application has been allocated to the GHOSTS ( caseworkers ) how long it takes to get processed

Thanx

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:19 pm

SAJJ wrote:Hi eveyone,
I`m new here.Can anyone tell me that once the EEA2 Application has been allocated to the GHOSTS ( caseworkers ) how long it takes to get processed

Thanx
Hi SAJJ,

it is very difficult to say, some of the cases do resolves very fast some don't. It's very individual. I waiting since 6 Aug 2009 :(

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Hello everyone,
Am new here.Pls has anyone written to the Home Secretary and had success?

Your replies are well appreciated.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: Eea

Post by hunpak » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Goodkarma wrote:Hi Everybody,
I applied for eea2 in Sept. 2008 and received COA one month after. Last week, i found a royal mail note with my mail and it said that i should go and collect a recorded mail (letter) from their delivery office, but when i went to collect, i was informed that it had been returned to the sender.
I called HO and i was told that they had made a decision on my application, but the person who answered the phone could not say what the decision is. So am asking anybody who has received their eea2 permit, when HO requests for further inform do they send a recorded mail or is it just the passport?
Kind regards,
Goodkarma
What is this COA is it Certificate of aproval which allows a non EEA to get married in uk or this is something else..

Excuse my ignorence...

thanks

yemco
Nigeria

Re: Eea

Post by yemco » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:10 pm

hunpak wrote:
Goodkarma wrote:Hi Everybody,
Kind regards,
Goodkarma
What is this COA is it Certificate of aproval which allows a non EEA to get married in uk or this is something else..
COA---Means CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION.this is sent to you after u have sent an application to the home office.

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Scared

Post by benbmxer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:00 am

Hello everyone,
I went through all the pages of this topic and I am really happy to see all the cooperation we can get from all of you who share your stories and cases, thanks for that.

However, I am pretty scared because I will apply for a EEA2 this week and after having read your stories, I know I'll go through tough times... :cry:
I need an advice concerning this application:
I am from Bolivia and currently legal in UK with a one year student visa that expires on Oct 30 2009. My wife is Italian and she is settled and working in UK. We got married in August 2009.
My problem is that I am finishing my studies and I need to go to France to present my thesis on Oct 30th (I've been studying in France and came to UK as an Erasmus student), but how am I supposed to travel to France if I'll have no passport after giving it to the HO for the EEA2?.

In the other hand, if I ever go to France without applying to the EEA2 yet, how am I supposed to get back to UK after Oct 30th if I'll have no valid document for UK anymore?.
Is it possible to get back to UK just by saying or showing somehow that I applied for an EEA2?

Please if someone could help me with some information or details of a similar situation you went through, I would be very grateful.

Good luck to all of you with your waiting for your EEA2.
BEN

P.D: My wife would be travelling with me...

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:33 pm

hi, everyone!!! We also finally received this stupid RC! but there is no happiness in it as days before that, I got some devastating news from my home, the moment we recieved news was saturday, same day booked ticket for monday flight...and my husband still didn't have passport with him... So at moment we needed this AT MOST...he didn't have chance to fly... useless...when else person need passport and ability travel when not for funeral of own mother? f****
so just the rest of family left ant took the flight, same morning-here is passport with the sticker in our post!!!
Brief history:
applied 12 Aug2008
recieved COA on 25 Sep 2008...
start some action and research on 8th month of waiting as got suspicious with answers I was recieving from HO over the phone...
several complaints to HO ( all addresses including croydon) e-mails and in writing... faxes to caseworker team with request to speed up... Nuuumerous phone calls..
Basicaly most usefull thing I found for my self is Solvit ( u have to ask them for update as well) MP was too busy...no use...
as well asked question from HO (but as it was personal, they could not answer) at www.whatdotheyknow.com
There are few tips from my experience- Call, call, call...
write letters on paper (not e-mail) the more are on you file, the better for you...
SOLVIT!!! but ask for updates yourself!!
helps to have a Good, Solid reason, regarding having or not having status, and pressure with that...
ask to talk to manager...
explain importance of situation.. pressure them on regular bases...

so or RC arrived on 28th Sep2009, One year and counting...
guys- do not give up-take it as your hobby!

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:47 pm

sharmarina wrote:hi, everyone!!! We also finally received this stupid RC! but there is no happiness in it as days before that, I got some devastating news from my home, the moment we recieved news was saturday, same day booked ticket for monday flight...and my husband still didn't have passport with him... So at moment we needed this AT MOST...he didn't have chance to fly... useless...when else person need passport and ability travel when not for funeral of own mother? f****
so just the rest of family left ant took the flight, same morning-here is passport with the sticker in our post!!!
Brief history:
applied 12 Aug2008
recieved COA on 25 Sep 2008...
start some action and research on 8th month of waiting as got suspicious with answers I was recieving from HO over the phone...
several complaints to HO ( all addresses including croydon) e-mails and in writing... faxes to caseworker team with request to speed up... Nuuumerous phone calls..
Basicaly most usefull thing I found for my self is Solvit ( u have to ask them for update as well) MP was too busy...no use...
as well asked question from HO (but as it was personal, they could not answer) at www.whatdotheyknow.com
There are few tips from my experience- Call, call, call...
write letters on paper (not e-mail) the more are on you file, the better for you...
SOLVIT!!! but ask for updates yourself!!
helps to have a Good, Solid reason, regarding having or not having status, and pressure with that...
ask to talk to manager...
explain importance of situation.. pressure them on regular bases...

so or RC arrived on 28th Sep2009, One year and counting...
guys- do not give up-take it as your hobby!
WOW!!!Sharmarina that's a great success! finally it arrived! I'm really thrilled for you and your family, but so sorry about your loss...
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us, you are great motivator! I wish you and your family all the best! ;)

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Wow another success story!Congrats sharmarina.I ve been following your posts here.Am so happy 4 you albeit the joy was cut short by your loss.May God be with your family in this difficult time.Bless!