ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN. Does wife have to put her maiden surname on

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taliska

Form AN. Does wife have to put her maiden surname on

Post by taliska » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi Guys. Just a quick question. Completed the Form AN for joint naturalisation. On completing the one for my wife do I need to put her surname before we got married in Section 1.7 of the form. On her passport has her married surname on it and i have all the marriage certificates and stuff. Or is this section for people who changed their names other than marriage, e.g transgender etc...

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:33 am

Can someone please reply

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:11 am

I don't think it matters why she is now using a different surname. She needs to supply her surname as she acquired at birth,

Isn't this totally clear from the guide AN?
John

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:38 am

thanks john for the reply, this is what i was thinking but with filling forms it is always something you can overthink