ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY RES. CARD

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LETTERKENNY
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY RES. CARD

Post by LETTERKENNY » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Hello all,I am, i guess the newest person on this forum.It was actually recommended to me by a friend who had immigration issues in the past and this forum helped solving it.
My issue is as follows,I am from south africa and
My husband is eea national (British) living and working in ireland.we have 3 children all British now.I have a 5 yr eea family residence permit in ireland.We visit uk (with family permit visa for me)from time to time since one of our children is still in a primary school in uk.
We are not actually planning to return finally to uk yet since my husband has a job here in dublin.
going thru the eu route,while in uk,is possible i apply for any eu residence card on the basis of my son so that i can be with him untill he finishes his primary education without my husband having to leave ireland instead of me applying for eea family visa from the uk embassy every six months?
Please any suggestion will be appreciated.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:26 pm

You and your husband live in Dublin with two of your three children, and one child lives in the UK where he is in primary school?

Ok, unless your son in the UK is also an Irish (or other EEA) citizen, UK national law applies (not the EEA regs).

I would recommend asking this question in the Immigration for family members forum.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

LETTERKENNY
Newly Registered

Post by LETTERKENNY » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:37 pm

thanks and sorry for the wrong forum.
Your reply anwers my question.I now have to look into uk immigration route