ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Changes

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rakh

OCI Changes

Post by rakh » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi All,

My apologies but i am starting a new thread related to changes to OCI, there is lot of confusion. i have gone through the website carefully but cant find much information and also tried calling HCI Lodon many times but no response
I would like to discuss two cases

CASE1: A person who already have a valid OCI Booklet(and with stamping on British passport as well) with a cancelled Indian passport in his/her possession. Do any action need to be taken. Does the Indian passport is to be surrendered(i.e. be given back to HCI ) or can retain the cancelled passport

CASE2: Can a new OCI application be made by post in same way it has been done earlier i.e. send OCI application with ur original Indian passport and other docs including a fee of 165. The HCI cancelled the Indian passport and returned the same and continued with the OCI application. After the OCI approval was done the British passport was sent for stamping and received back from HCI the stamped British passport and OCI booklet