ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 application form - questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nirmal_kishore

Tier 1 application form - questions

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi
I am filling the application for WP to Tier 1 switching and have the following questions (I am filling the latest form that reads version 10/09). I would appreciate some advice please:

1. Page 11 - Question B10 - There is a field that says 'Home Office Reference number' right after 'Marital Status' . I am not sure what this is.
[tab]B13 - PBS Migrant Reference number - no idea what this means
[tab]B14 - UK ID card number - again no clue

2. Page 19 - C9 - UK ICFN - Identity Card for Foreign nationals - first of all am I supposed to have one? I don't have an ICFN. I have been on a WP in the UK for the last 2.5 years but haven't heard of any such card.. Clarification please

3. Page 25 - Section E - there is a question that reads as below:
quote]E1. Has the applicant had any criminal convictions in the United Kingdom or any other
country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against them?[[/quote]
I previously lived in Ireland and had a speeding ticket issued - should I mention this here? I am guessing the answer is 'yes! it's best to disclose all information' but any advice is much appreciated.

4. Sections 3B and 3c do not apply to me - so can I just remove those pages from the application?

5. Page 58 - Public funds - I don't think I use any public funds but one othe check boxes says 'working tax credit'. I am a normal PAYE employee - does this mean use this tax credit ? Sorry about my ignorance but I don't quite know what working tax credit is.

Can you post replies/suggestions to my questions please?

Thanks
Nirmal

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:02 am

Hi Nirmal,

I am not one of the stalwarts on this but I will still try to answer whatever i can:
1. Page 11 - Question B10 - There is a field that says 'Home Office Reference number' right after 'Marital Status' . I am not sure what this is.
[tab]B13 - PBS Migrant Reference number - no idea what this means
[tab]B14 - UK ID card number - again no clue
B10: This would be your work permit approval reference number. I am on HSMP and I put in my HSMP approval reference number here.
B13: Leave blank. Not applicable to you.
B14: Leave blank. Not applicable to you.
2. Page 19 - C9 - UK ICFN - Identity Card for Foreign nationals - first of all am I supposed to have one? I don't have an ICFN. I have been on a WP in the UK for the last 2.5 years but haven't heard of any such card.. Clarification please
This looks like a new identification number which came after your and my time, just ignore the section. I have checked "No" in C9, and "Not applicable" in C10.
3. Page 25 - Section E - there is a question that reads as below:
E1. Has the applicant had any criminal convictions in the United Kingdom or any other
country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against them?
I previously lived in Ireland and had a speeding ticket issued - should I mention this here? I am guessing the answer is 'yes! it's best to disclose all information' but any advice is much appreciated.
Like you said best to disclose it. I have not seen anyone being rejected on traffic offences. Senior members can comment more on this.
4. Sections 3B and 3c do not apply to me - so can I just remove those pages from the application?
The general view is to keep the form as it is, and fill the relevant section. I am doing the same because I dont want to take any risks. Besides its only 1-2 pounds in postage cost. Not worth the risk.
5. Page 58 - Public funds - I don't think I use any public funds but one othe check boxes says 'working tax credit'. I am a normal PAYE employee - does this mean use this tax credit ? Sorry about my ignorance but I don't quite know what working tax credit is.
Well I dont know that either. But I am fairly sure its not a normal occurrence, so you can tick "No" with confidence.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

nirmal_kishore

Thank you

Post by nirmal_kishore » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks for the response InUkOnHsmp

Much appreciated

nirmal_kishore

Tier 1 Dependant's form - few questions

Post by nirmal_kishore » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:33 am

Hi
Need some clarification on a few questions in the Tier 1 Dependant application form.

1. B2 for child's application form - What should the title be ? I am guessiing it's Mr but I wasn't sure because it sounds a bit odd (Mister for a 20 month old child) :)

2. question B5(Page 8) The question reads - "Has the applicant been known by other names?"
My wife's passport is with her maiden name, so we are applying using that name however the surname has changed after marriage and that is reflected in the Marriage Certificate. With this in view, can you please suggest if I should answer the question B5 (stated above)? I mean is married name treated as one under 'other names' category?

3. K4 (Page 30) - Maintenance certified by the sponsor - it states letter from the A-rated sponsor. What does this mean and what am I supposed to do? I have a similar question in relation to my son's application for whom I am showing maintenance funds from my wife's savings account.

Your expert advice please

Thanks
Nirmal

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Dependant's form - few questions

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:40 pm

nirmal_kishore wrote:1. B2 for child's application form - What should the title be ? I am guessiing it's Mr but I wasn't sure because it sounds a bit odd (Mister for a 20 month old child) :)
It has to Mr for any male applicant. Doesn't matter whether its 20 months or 20 years.
nirmal_kishore wrote:2. question B5(Page 8) The question reads - "Has the applicant been known by other names?"
My wife's passport is with her maiden name, so we are applying using that name however the surname has changed after marriage and that is reflected in the Marriage Certificate. With this in view, can you please suggest if I should answer the question B5 (stated above)? I mean is married name treated as one under 'other names' category?
Are you providing your marriage certificate (or have you provided in the past) along with the application? If yes, then please mention the married name in the other names category.
nirmal_kishore wrote:3. K4 (Page 30) - Maintenance certified by the sponsor - it states letter from the A-rated sponsor. What does this mean and what am I supposed to do? I have a similar question in relation to my son's application for whom I am showing maintenance funds from my wife's savings account.
This is only if a third party is sponsoring any of the applicants. Since this is not the case, this question is not applicable to you.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

nirmal_kishore

Thanks

Post by nirmal_kishore » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:04 am

Thanks Cheshiregoan.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 am

I filled up this form and had 3 speeding points and 60 fine so declared it. best to disclose everything to best of your knowledge.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:46 am

I would say so too ID. How did you manage to get 3 points and 60 fine. I hear there is something like a speed awareness traning, which helps you avoid getting points on your licence, right?
Challenges make life worth it!