ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help to complete application form 8 for naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Korpy
Newly Registered

need help to complete application form 8 for naturalisation

Post by Korpy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Here is my story: I came in Ireland in Sept.99 as an asylum seeker and returned to my home country in July 2001, in Oct 2001 I returned in Ireland with a work permit and they issued me a new immigration reference number , and I'm here since. Meanwhile my asylum seekers case was closed.

I'm applying for citizenship now and on the form at nr 2.8 they ask for the reference nr, do I need to give them the first reference nr as an asylum seeker or the second reference nr?
At nr 5.1 they ask the date of arrival in Ireland, again, I need to fill the form Sept 99 or Oct 2001?
Thank you and appreciate all the comments.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Second reference number and Oct 2001.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:08 pm

Thank you benifa

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 pm

I have another question, at nr 14 ( references) do I need to provide 3 references by 3 Irish Citizens or just complete the application form by 3 Irish Citizens?
Me , my wife and my adult son are applying at the same time, could we use the same 3 referees for the 3 appplications or each of us need different referees?
And the last question, a 17 years old will be eligible as a referee or not?

Thank you for the help.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:59 am

in relation to referees, they have to be irish born citizens and not naturalised. and most probably adults and not minors.
the 3 irish born nationals should fill in the the page where required themselves. i guess you can use the same referees on all three applications.

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:41 pm

agniukas wrote:... they have to be irish born citizens and not naturalised. ...
Are you sure? Where does it say "irish born"? Do you have a link to a document or you just assume it is so?
All your base are belong to us

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Section 14: References This section should be completed by three Irish Citizens who are not related to you or act as a solicitor/agent for you.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Citizens ... 20note.pdf

so far I found only the link that a family member cannot be a referee. I will keep looking and notify you whether i was right or wrong.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi,

I got as confirmation that i was wrong in relation to 3 irish references. they have to be irish citizens but there is no distinction whether they are naturalised or irish born. so the references can be signed by a naturalised person as well.

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Thank you agniukas.

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: need help to complete application form 8 for naturalisat

Post by J_Karim » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:55 am

regarding your irish reference they can be naturalized irish citizen ,there no where it mentioned that need
irish born reference needed to fill out the form.
but they all have be over 18
some of the solicitor and citizenship help line advisor says its better to have irish born reffre ..at least one irish born reffre ..( based on previous cases)
hope it helps