ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new PSW visa approved!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gnpg

new PSW visa approved!

Post by gnpg » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 am

Here are my timelines:

App mailed: 9/9/09
App received: 10/9/09
Payment taken: 10/9/09
App approved: 28/09/09
Visa expires 28/09/11

documents enclosed:
original diploma
original certificate of award
original letter of award
savings acct bank statement covering the past 4 months
passport

I'm so glad it went through without any problems...even my bank statement lacking the "issue date", as long as it covered the period required I think it is fine because that is the most official version I can get from the bank mailed straight to my house with all my other details on it.

Thank you for all those who helped with my questions and paranoia!

serge19
Newly Registered

Post by serge19 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:39 pm

how can you get visa on diploma... are you trying to misleading the people??

gnpg

apologies

Post by gnpg » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:23 pm

i was using the word "diploma" as the noun describing the physical piece of paper, not PG Dip!

diâ‹…ploâ‹…ma
  /dɪˈploʊmə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-ploh-muh] Show IPA noun, plural -mas, Latin -ma⋅ta  /-mətə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [-muh-tuh] Show IPA , verb, -maed, -ma⋅ing.

–noun
1. a document given by an educational institution conferring a degree on a person or certifying that the person has satisfactorily completed a course of study.
2. a document conferring some honor, privilege, or power.
3. a public or official document, esp. one of historical interest

-----------------------------------------------------

i actually have an MA from the UK

so i guess the "diploma" is the same thing as the "original certificate of award", I meant to say I had TWO separate letters from the university on TOP of my "original certificate of award"...so 3 total documents from the school.
One letter confirms all the dates & that my school is a UK-recognised institution, the other confirms the date of the award.

apologies if that was misleading