ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help regarding EEA family permit for uk from dublin..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mono786
Newly Registered

Need help regarding EEA family permit for uk from dublin..

Post by mono786 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Hello Everybody..

I am going to apply for UK EEA family permit visa. My wife is Uk Citizen living with me for 1 year in dublin. I have my 9 month baby as well but he is Irish/Uk national as well.
My question is that::
1) what documents do I need to submitt my application ?

2)I heard EEA family permit is granted only once for 6 month is that true?? If I need to apply second time EEA family permit for my visit to uk Can I apply or not ?

3)I have good and bad history for uk visa. will that affect my visa application or not..?
3a) Good history is in that sense I got my uk visit visa for 6 and 1 year respectively in 2004 and 2005 respectively.
3b) In 2005 they refused my application for uk Ancestral visa and later on I did appeal but they refused, after that I apply for my uk visit visa but they refused again.

Thanks very much for your help and comments in advance.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Re: Need help regarding EEA family permit for uk from dublin

Post by MAKUSA » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:41 am

mono786 wrote:Hello Everybody..

I am going to apply for UK EEA family permit visa. My wife is Uk Citizen living with me for 1 year in dublin. I have my 9 month baby as well but he is Irish/Uk national as well.
My question is that::
1) what documents do I need to submitt my application ?

2)I heard EEA family permit is granted only once for 6 month is that true?? If I need to apply second time EEA family permit for my visit to uk Can I apply or not ?

3)I have good and bad history for uk visa. will that affect my visa application or not..?
3a) Good history is in that sense I got my uk visit visa for 6 and 1 year respectively in 2004 and 2005 respectively.
3b) In 2005 they refused my application for uk Ancestral visa and later on I did appeal but they refused, after that I apply for my uk visit visa but they refused again.

Thanks very much for your help and comments in advance.
Dont worry about your past immigration history, you are protected under the Directive 2004/38/EC.

The following supporting documents are required:
* ORGINAL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WHEN REQUESTED. PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. (Original documents will be returned by registered post once a decision has been made).
* printed copy of your online application form
* application fee (if applicable) and postage fee
* one recent passport photograph with a white background (not more than six months old)
* your current passport (containing a valid Irish re-entry visa, unless you aren’t returning to Ireland or you have a 4EUFam stamp on your Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) Certificate of Registration card)
* your old passport (or a copy of it)
* a photocopy of your current GNIB Certificate of Registration Card
* your original marriage certificate
* your original birth certificate
* your original sponsors (EEA family member) passport (or a certified copy of all pages)
* your original bank statement showing at least three months of recent transactions
* an original letter from your employer stating how long you have been employed in Ireland or original payslips for the past three months
* if the EEA family member (e.g. your spouse) is resident in Ireland, evidence of their economic and employment circumstances (i.e. original bank statement in their name showing at least three months of transactions and an original letter from their employer or original recent payslip) OR
* if the EEA family member (e.g. your spouse) is resident outside Ireland, evidence of their economic and employment circumstances (i.e. original bank statement in their name showing at least three months of transactions and an original letter from their employer and original recent payslip)
* evidence you are living with the EEA family member (e.g. utility bills / tenancy / mortgage documents in joint names)
* if you are travelling to the UK together, your original travel booking or other evidence you are travelling together

let me know how you get on, i have had my application at the idiotic embassy for over 2 months and no reply yet. And yes it is valid for six months.

Apply here-- http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks very much MUKUSA,I ll definatelly let you know I ll apply very soon and one more thing that I would like to know,If they granted me 6 month EEA family permit visa and I visit uk in 6 month, Can I again apply EEA family permit I heard it issue only ONCE is that true ???

Thanks

MAKUSA
BANNED

EEA Family permit

Post by MAKUSA » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:37 am

mono786 wrote:Thanks very much MUKUSA,I ll definatelly let you know I ll apply very soon and one more thing that I would like to know,If they granted me 6 month EEA family permit visa and I visit uk in 6 month, Can I again apply EEA family permit I heard it issue only ONCE is that true ???

Thanks
No they issue as many times as you want it, after 6 months of the innitial EEA Family permit

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:38 am

Hi mono786,

Few questions, if I may:
  • Is your UK national spouse currently exercising an EU Treaty right in Ireland, if so, what?
  • Are you travelling from Ireland directly to the UK?
  • Will you be travelling together with your UK national spouse?
  • What is your purpose of entering the UK?
  • For how long will you be in the UK?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks very much First-Class Moron for your help.
Hi benifa
Regarding yours questions:
Yes my wife she is exercising her Eu treaty rights, she is working as a sales assistant in dunnes store since aug 2008. She works usually 20 to 25 hours, but I am working full time as a Assistant manager in retail store Londis.
Yes we both want to travel from Ireland to uk direct.
My purpose is just to visit the UK for maximum 1 week.

Moreover I am having EU4fam which was granted in june 2009 for 5 year.

Thanks v much

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:34 am

Hi mono786,

In that case, you don't need to waste your time and effort to get an EEA Family Permit from the British Embassy. You can just go to the UK. Between you and your wife, don't forget your passport, your wife's passport or EEA national ID card, your marriage certificate and your Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card.

Probable scenario - you will land in the UK and just walk out of the airport (there are usually no border controls on flights / vessels arriving from Ireland).

Worst case scenario - you are stopped. However, presentation of the documents mentioned guarantees* your entry.

*unless you pose a danger to public policy, public security or public health.

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks v much benifa for yours advice, I understand they cant stop me but In case to avoid any problem I think its better to get Residence permit.

Anyway thanks a million again.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:53 pm

mono786 wrote:Thanks v much benifa for yours advice, I understand they cant stop me but In case to avoid any problem I think its better to get Residence permit.

Anyway thanks a million again.
The EEA Family Permit is not a residence permit - it's a form of entry clearance, which, for someone in your circumstances, is totally pointless and unnecessary.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:51 am

benifa wrote:Hi mono786,

In that case, you don't need to waste your time and effort to get an EEA Family Permit from the British Embassy. You can just go to the UK. Between you and your wife, don't forget your passport, your wife's passport or EEA national ID card, your marriage certificate and your Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card.

Probable scenario - you will land in the UK and just walk out of the airport (there are usually no border controls on flights / vessels arriving from Ireland).

Worst case scenario - you are stopped. However, presentation of the documents mentioned guarantees* your entry.

*unless you pose a danger to public policy, public security or public health.
Easier said than done. Ryanair wont let you on the flight without the correct visa.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:02 am

jhbmike wrote:Easier said than done. Ryanair wont let you on the flight without the correct visa.
In this scenario >>no visa is needed<<, as such denying boarding would be illegal.

Obviously in practice it could still happen, in which case you would have to take Ryanair to court for compensation.

So far I always managed to convince them that I´m right, sometimes by showing more or less from >>these papers<<.

Happy travelling.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:13 am

It looks like BMI has also joined the list, together with Aerlingus, of the Airlines doing visa Checks.

I went to drop my friend who is a holder of EUfam, and the lady was insisting he should have a visa, even though he is transiting with his wife. It took a good part of and hour and threat of a possible law suit, before he was allowed to board the flight to the UK.

I will not recommend BMI to anyone. It appears someone, somewhere is putting pressure on them to impose this illegal act on EUfam holders
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi Benifa

thanks v much, you are right I correct myself its EEA family permit.

Thanks for help.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:16 pm

mono786,

The EEA family permit is good for 6 months. You can then get another and another...

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks directive

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks directive