ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hiteshdargan

Query on dependant visa

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 am

Hi

Is it ok for the main applicant to apply first and apply for a dependant visa (for spouse and child) after that?

In case it is ok, then what should be mentioned in the form, where it states that whether the dependant is travelling together or later?

if we say no, would it create a problem, when dependant visa is applied for after the main applicant gets his visa.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Query on dependant visa

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 am

hiteshdargan wrote:Hi

Is it ok for the main applicant to apply first and apply for a dependant visa (for spouse and child) after that? It is recommended that both main applicant and dependent apply at the same time.

In case it is ok, then what should be mentioned in the form, where it states that whether the dependant is travelling together or later?
then you should mention "NO".

if we say no, would it create a problem, when dependant visa is applied for after the main applicant gets his visa.
There is no problem in doing so.

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:57 am

mvent00 wrote:
hiteshdargan wrote:Hi

Is it ok for the main applicant to apply first and apply for a dependant visa (for spouse and child) after that? It is recommended that both main applicant and dependent apply at the same time.

then you should mention "NO".

Hi

If i am not applying for a dependant visa for my wife, do i still need to submit a marriage certificate

Thank you for your immediate response

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am

hiteshdargan wrote:
Hi

If i am not applying for a dependant visa for my wife, do i still need to submit a marriage certificate.

YES, it is mentioned in VAF9: "Unless single, please provide evidence of your marital status e.g. marriage or civil partnership certificate."
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9 page 7 of 7.

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Some questions on Tier1(G) Dependant Visa

Post by new~b0y » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:41 pm

TS, I would like to borrow your thread to ask a few questions.

Hi Seniors,

I got my Tier1(G) in April and entered UK in June and found employment immediately after that. My wife at that time and until now is working in the UK under work permit. I would like to apply a dependant visa for her so that she can have the flexibility of changing jobs later.

When I was filling the up the dependant application form section 2D, I came across this paragraph:

"Please note: In order to qualify for further leave to remain in the UK as the dependant of a person under the Points Based System, the individual must have either travelled to the UK with entry clearance as the dependant; or have been last granted leave to remain as a dependant of the main applicant in a qualifying category. If the dependant does not meet either of these criteria it is likely that his/her application will be refused. Please see guidance notes for further information."

Does this mean that she can't do an in-country application as my dependant? I tried reading the guidance notes, but I'm still confused. I hope someone can give me some advice. Thank you.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Some questions on Tier1(G) Dependant Visa

Post by cheshiregoan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 pm

new~b0y wrote:TS, I would like to borrow your thread to ask a few questions.

Hi Seniors,

I got my Tier1(G) in April and entered UK in June and found employment immediately after that. My wife at that time and until now is working in the UK under work permit. I would like to apply a dependant visa for her so that she can have the flexibility of changing jobs later.

When I was filling the up the dependant application form section 2D, I came across this paragraph:

"Please note: In order to qualify for further leave to remain in the UK as the dependant of a person under the Points Based System, the individual must have either travelled to the UK with entry clearance as the dependant; or have been last granted leave to remain as a dependant of the main applicant in a qualifying category. If the dependant does not meet either of these criteria it is likely that his/her application will be refused. Please see guidance notes for further information."

Does this mean that she can't do an in-country application as my dependant? I tried reading the guidance notes, but I'm still confused. I hope someone can give me some advice. Thank you.
Unfortunately you cannot switch from Tier 1 or Tier 2 to being a dependant from inside the UK. She will have to go back to the home country to apply.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Some questions on Tier1(G) Dependant Visa

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:14 pm

new~b0y wrote:TS, I would like to borrow your thread to ask a few questions.

Hi Seniors,

I got my Tier1(G) in April and entered UK in June and found employment immediately after that. My wife at that time and until now is working in the UK under work permit.

I would like to apply a dependant visa for her so that she can have the flexibility of changing jobs later.

I think it is clear. She is in UK on work permit, not as your dependent. Right? If yes, then she cannot apply in UK as your dependent. She has to be in UK as your dependent on any other category to apply for any points based category dependent, including Tier 1.

Quote from guidance:
Switching is permitted when applying as a family member who currently holds leave as the partner or child of a person who had leave under another category and who has since been granted, or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf page 7 of 18.

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Post by new~b0y » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Thank you everyone for the advice. She will be very disappointed when she knows this.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:43 pm

new~b0y wrote:Thank you everyone for the advice. She will be very disappointed when she knows this.
I'm assuming that she isn't eligible for Tier 1 on her own?
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 am

This is not the end of world. If you think Tier 1 is really important for her, you may plan and prepare for it and apply for it, during the next trip to your home country. :)
new~b0y wrote:Thank you everyone for the advice. She will be very disappointed when she knows this.