ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stud
Newly Registered

Marriage certificate

Post by Stud » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my Tier 1(G) extension next week for me and my spouse togeather. I am currently on HSMP visa. When I applied for HSMP from India, the process happened in 2 stages
1) Sent all my documents to home office for entry clearence(Didn't sent marriage certificate)
2) Sent mine and spouse documents(passport & Marriage certificate) for stamping togeather

I was not planning to send the Marriage certificate again since I have provided in the Stage 2(Stamping) for HSMP. Now, I am confused if It is mandatory to send it again?

Please advice! Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Marriage certificate

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:44 pm

You should send it again. I think there is no harm sending it again. Anyway, they are going to send originals back to you.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081

Stud wrote:Hi,

I am applying for my Tier 1(G) extension next week for me and my spouse togeather. I am currently on HSMP visa. When I applied for HSMP from India, the process happened in 2 stages
1) Sent all my documents to home office for entry clearence(Didn't sent marriage certificate)
2) Sent mine and spouse documents(passport & Marriage certificate) for stamping togeather

I was not planning to send the Marriage certificate again since I have provided in the Stage 2(Stamping) for HSMP. Now, I am confused if It is mandatory to send it again?

Please advice! Thanks

Stud
Newly Registered

Post by Stud » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:12 pm

I believe that I should not send documents which are not compulsory as it will be extra work for case worker... but at the same time I don't want rejection.

I not sending my qualification certificate as well

Any thoughts!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:30 am

You do not need, but of course your wife does. That she is still your dependent and she needs to provide evidence for that.

Marriage or civil partnership certificate
Dependants must provide the required evidence as specified in this application form and Points Based System - Dependants Policy Guidance. Failure to submit required evidence is likely to lead to refusal of the application.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cation.pdf page 41 of 50.

Stud wrote:I believe that I should not send documents which are not compulsory as it will be extra work for case worker... but at the same time I don't want rejection.

Any thoughts!

blue moon
Newly Registered

Post by blue moon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 am

mvent00 wrote:You do not need, but of course your wife does. That she is still your dependent and she needs to provide evidence for that.

Marriage or civil partnership certificate
Dependants must provide the required evidence as specified in this application form and Points Based System - Dependants Policy Guidance. Failure to submit required evidence is likely to lead to refusal of the application.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cation.pdf page 41 of 50.

Stud wrote:I believe that I should not send documents which are not compulsory as it will be extra work for case worker... but at the same time I don't want rejection.

Any thoughts!

That is true for first time application by his wife but for extention that is not required since she is already on dependent visa and they dont give dependent visa without proof of marriage or relationship.

I have similar situation and I confirmed with home office yesterday they said there is no mention of marriage certificate requirement for dependent applicants. Only requirement for them is Proof of maintainance fund.

Cheers